Model-Train Controller Circuits
- Steam sound system for Digital Command Control and conventional DC. Sebastian-Coleman, George // Model Railroader;Oct96, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p41
Evaluates Dallee Electronics' sound systems for model steam locomotives that are compatible with both Digital Command Control and standard DC power. Battery power supply required by the sound system; Restriction of the sound board size; Time-consuming creation of a wiring diagram; High quality...
- Modeling a stockcar in its golden years. Garrett, Tom // Model Railroader;Oct96, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p111
Describes the construction of the author's HO scale Canadian Pacific stockcar. Model of a Westerfield Canadian Pacific Fowler stockcar kit; Assembly and painting; Faded lettering; Interior detailing.
- Ask paint shop. Hediger, Jim // Model Railroader;Oct96, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p155
Answers readers' questions about the construction of model trains. Baggage cars of Amtrak specially painted and assigned to the Vermonter; Baltimore & Ohio EMD F7 color scheme.
- Front row, center. // Model Railroader;Oct96, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p186
Describes a railroad model featuring the New England, Berkshire & Western RS-1 no. 408 and RS-3 no. 473.
- Hobbyshop window. // Model Railroader;Feb97, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p64
Features model trains and related equipment. Includes an HO scale molded urethane shell from Imperial Hobby Productions; HO scale model featuring New York Central's lightning strip scheme from Stewart Hobbies Inc.; N scale boxcars from Micro-Trains.
- Building a cab for your HO 4-6-0. Anderson, Stephen // Model Railroader;Mar98, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p96
Presents information on scratchbuilding an HO scale 4-6-0 steam engine. Directions for the construction of the ashpan and firebox; Detailed information on the assembly of these items to the engine.
- Modeling 70-ton former railbox cars in S scale. Wilson, Randy // Model Railroader;Mar98, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p132
Presents information on the color scheme of railbox cars in the 1970s, and details information on the author's attempt to model four of these cars. Information on the scale model cars can be built in; Description of the Burlington Northern car; Detailed description of other cars.
- The large scale Gold Creek RR. Morse, Ron // Model Railroader;May98, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p102
Presents information on the large scale model of the Gold Creek rail road which was featured at the Great American Train Show in Kansas City, Missouri on February 17, 1990. Information on the layout process in constructing the model; Details on the control and operation of the model; Insight...
- Afternoon down train. Hayden, Bob; Frary, Dave; McChesney, Chris // Model Railroader;May98, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p162
Presents information on Carabasset and Dead River's train HOn21/2 model. Description of the model; Number of miles per hour the train travels.