- Enhesa 2010 Regulatory Review: Product environmental regulations on the rise. Dumortier, Thierry; Baudon, Cécile // ENHESA Flash;Feb2011, Issue 57, p1
The article offers updates on the 2010 regulatory review for Enhesa Inc. It mentions the identification of less than 11,000 environmental regulatory and policy developments relevant to business, resulting to an 18% increase compared to 2009. Enhesa's managing director Thierry Dumortier indicates...
- Are Voluntary Standards Working? // Environmental Forum;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article discusses the use of voluntary, consensus-based standards in the U.S. It has been argued that voluntary standards have been the new thing in environmental protection but they and other industry-developed consensus-based standards have been part of business in product formulations,...
- Strategic Formulation and Communication of Corporate Environmental Policy Statements: UK Firms' Perspective. Kuk, George; Fokeer, Smeeta; Woan Ting Hung // Journal of Business Ethics;Jun2005 Part 1, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p375
This paper suggests that most of the FTSE-listed firms in the United Kingdom use corporate environmental policy statements (CEPS) to communicate their strategic intent of what environmental and social targets to attain, and broad guidelines of how they will progressively achieve all the required...
- Entangled Affiliations and Attitudes: An Analysis of the Influences on Environmental Policy Stakeholders' Behavioral Intentions. Cordano, Mark; Frieze, Irene Hanson; Ellis, Kimberly M. // Journal of Business Ethics;Jan2004 Part 1, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p27
We examined attitudes as one potential influence on the behavioral intentions of three stakeholder groups commonly in conflict. Business managers (n = 97), government environmental regulators (n = 69), and active members of pro-environmental groups (n = 49) were surveyed to assess the...
- Executive Commentary. Caggiano, Joseph // Academy of Management Executive;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p68
The article presents a commentary on the article "Creating Sustainable Value," by Stuart L. Hart and Mark B. Milstein. The author says the report adds insight to the argument for incorporating sustainability into business policy and decision making. He notes that the report identifies drivers...
- In Search of a Common Ethical Ground: Corporate Environmental Responsibility from the Perspective of Christian Environmental Stewardship. Enderle, Georges // Journal of Business Ethics;Feb1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p173
In recent years, corporate environmental policies have become urgently needed, demanded by influential environmentalist groups and launched by an increasing number of companies. Those demands and efforts, however, often lack an ethical underpinning. This paper deals with some basic ethical...
- New investment tool links environmental and financial performance. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/13/97, Issue 322211, p29
Reports on the results of studies linking industrial resource efficiency with the financial performance of major multinational corporations. Fundamental sources of environmental risk; Historical liabilities; Operating risk; Future risk exposure.
- Increasing sales by coventuring. // In Business;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the environmental aspects of the business practice of coventuring. Coventuring activity of Real Goods and Greenpeace; Applications; Implications; Recommendation.
- The road to environmental compliance. Koewler Jr., James L. // Industry Week/IW;7/01/96, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p33
Discusses how companies could comply with environmental regulations enforced by the Environmental Protection Agency. Making reasonable efforts at compliance; Undertaking environmental audits; Incorporation of environmental concerns into long-range plans and vision statements.