Management outline: Factors affecting staff establishment levels
- Protective Service Physical Ability Tests: Establishing Pass/Fail, Ranking, and Banding Procedures. Biddle, Dan; Sill, Nikki Shepherd // Public Personnel Management;Summer99, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p217
Evaluates the use of physical ability test scores in pre-employment assessment of competency. Pass/fail cutoff and banding methods for physical ability tests; Suggestion for caution when using physical ability test scores as ranked or banded selection devices; Reference to court cases involving...
- Workforce Capacity-Building. Christie, Sue // Policy & Practice (19426828);Mar2007, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the capacity of human resource (HR) function to guide individuals in systematic and systemic works. Authors use a model in their work that identifies four levels of work that top HR functions. These include strategy, structure and culture, key processes and operations....
- Reply. Roelen, Corné; Groothoff, Johan // Occupational Medicine;Oct2010, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p575
No abstract available.
- Special Features of the Human Resources in the Field of Commercial Companies. Valentina, Munteanu // Ovidius University Annals, Series Economic Sciences;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p889
As a factor of production, commercial staff is defined by the number and its structure, work capacity and the work that it carries each worker in the exercise of his profession. The number and structure of trade personnel define the people who are employed in the field of commercial companies,...
- HOW PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CAN IMPROVE THE APPRAISER'S PERFORMANCE. Tagliaferri, Louis E. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1978, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p37
Explains how the use of a work behavior-type performance-appraisal system can improve the effectiveness of managers who conduct performance appraisals. Alternative appraisal methods; Management practices variables; Increase in communication time during the performance interview on matters of...
- PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL: WHY BOTHER? Lefton, R.E.; Buzzotta, V.R. // Training & Development Journal;Aug78, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p49
Discusses factors to be considered in performance appraisal. Importance of performance appraisal to motivated employees; Costs associated with performance appraisal; Human resources planning.
- Analyzing Performance Problems. Nadler, Leonard // Training & Development Journal;Aug67, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p11
Describes a three-step approach to analyzing employee performance problems. Description of the behavior; Reasons for the behavior; Factors influencing the behavior of the employee.
- Giving employees meaningful, motivating feedback. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the techniques for employee appraisal preparation and delivery in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Evaluation of the job functions; Concentration on employee performance; Expression of concerns and clarification.
- The rating game. Mckimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on some of the issues that need to be addressed when conducting annual performance appraisals. Employee feedback needed; Timing for salary discussions; Legal issues.