Getting personal about business
- Employee phone line. // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the establishment of ResourceNet, a toll-free telephone line, from Ceridian Performance Partners in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Objectives of the service; Benefit to low-wage employees.
- LifeWorks documents family histories in print or on video. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/27/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 30, p37A
Focuses on the capacity of Lifeworks to conduct oral histories and prepare personal and family histories in Medford, Massachusetts. Initiative to reconnect generations; Outline of the videotapes sessions; Incorporation of pictures and prized objects in the video.
- On Nirvana, Hamsters and Getting Organized. // njbiz;8/30/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p15
Interviews Sunny Schlenger, president of consulting firm SunCoach based in Fairlawn, Ohio, regarding her book "Organizing for the Spirit." Origin of the title of the book; Relevance of the book to businesses; Discussion on balance in work and personal life.
- Businesses Buy the Rodgers Report. Gray, P. B. // Fortune;5/15/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 10, special section pF372J
An interview with Fran Rodgers, founder of employee counseling services provider Work/Family Directions, is presented. Rodgers cited her reasons for selling her company to Ceridian Corp., which included the fact that she was turning 50 years old at the time that she was approached by Ceridian,...
- Ceridian Performance Partners' President Linda Hall Whitman on navigating work and life. Adkins, Joyce A. // Academy of Management Executive;May2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p28
Ceridian Performance Partners is a business unit of the Ceridian Corporation, a $1.4 billion information services company that serves the human resources, transportation, and media markets. Ceridian Performance Partners provides workplace effectiveness services, including employee assistance and...
- Premium pet food firm aiming high. Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p46
Focuses on the decision of LifeWorks LLC, a dog and cat food and high-end pet supplier, to sell products through offline marketing in the United States. Engagement in online marketing under the name High Hopes; Negotiations with supermarkets for additional sales; Plan to donate a percentage of...
- Helping Homeless Kids. CORTEZ-NEAVEL, BETH // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;May2013, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the provision of services for homeless youth in Texas. Program director Will Hancock of LifeWorks' street outreach program claims that working with the street kids is different from working with older homeless people to prevent them of becoming the older chronic...
- Transforming your firm tools and products for successful technology consulting. // Accounting Technology;Dec97 Supplement, Vol. 13, pMS3
Discusses the role of consulting firms such as accounting and auditing in boosting small businesses' productivity. Reasons for consulting firms to establish business systems consulting practices; Consulting firm as the greatest source of revenue; Roles of Bix Six accounting firms in business...
- Building a profitable consulting division. Martinez, Juan Lorenzo // Accounting Technology;Dec97 Supplement, Vol. 13, pMS23
Provides insights into building a profitable consulting division. Importance of focusing on organizational issues; Services to provide; Gaining the necessary staff expertise; Pricing services; Helping the division grow; Importance of training and education programs to clients.