People vs. production
- WHAT'S NEW WITH THE GRID? Blake, Robert R.; Mouton, Jane Srygley // Training & Development Journal;May78, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p3
Reexamines the assumptions formulated in the early years of the authors' book 'The Managerial Grid,' published in 1964, and tests them against management trends as of the year 1978. Changes with regard to the introduction of Grid motivations; Advancement of productivity and sales by...
- Robert R. Blake 1918-2004. // T+D;Oct2004, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p9
This article focuses on Robert R. Blake, a pioneer in the field of human resource development. Blake published some 45 books, 115 chapters in anthologies, 214 articles, and half dozen monographs stretching back to 1945. But Blake is best known as co-founder of the renowned Managerial Grid...
- THE NEW MANAGERIAL GRID (Book). Lottier Jr., Lawrence F. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1979, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p24
Reviews the book `The New Managerial Grid,' by Robert R. Blake and Jane S. Mouton.
- What's new in the new Grid? (Book). // Management Review;Jun78, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p62
Reviews the book 'The New Managerial Grid,' by Robert R. Blake and Jane S. Mouton.
- How the New Leaders Will Manage in the '90s. Schwartz, Andrew E. // Nonprofit World;May/Jun91, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p22
Recommends tips and strategies for enhancing leadership in nonprofit organizations. Leadership self-assessment; Balance between organizational goals and employees' needs; Organizational and leadership effectiveness; Strategies for achieving organizational success.
- CHAPTER thirteen: Analysing your effect on others. // Inside Track to Successful Management;3/1/1998, p202
Chapter 13 of the book "Inside Track to a Successful Management" is presented. It explores the ways to determine the effect of the personal of a manager on other people. It states that the perception of the people to the manager depends on his effectivity in leadership and management. It says...
- Four Ways to Build Your Leadership Advantage. Tkaczyk, Dr. Bart // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jul2014, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p9
The article presents information on several topics related to leadership with advice for leaders to build their leadership advantage. Topics include the role of self-assessments for leaders, the use of the profiling tool the Fourfold Leadership Design Self-Assessment Inventory, and mention of...
- WHERE'S THE GAP BETWEEN VISION AND REALITY? Hastings, Susan C. // AMA Trainers' Activity Book;2004, p171
A chapter from the book "The AMA Trainers' Activity Book: A Selection of the Best Learning Exercises from the World's Premiere Training Organization" is presented. The chapter deals with management and leadership using a tool for personal empowerment. It outlines the kinds of skills that are...
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: ARE YOU READY? Strakal, Dan // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Summer2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses the procedures on how to assess one's aptitude and readiness for entrepreneurial undertaking. It includes identifying and evaluating one's career experiences and core skills. Some of the crucial entrepreneurial skills to be evaluated include managerial and leadership skills...