- A Deciding Factor. Fletcher, Clive // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p38
Discusses the use of psychometric tests in companies to assess suitability of applicants. Result of a survey on how the negative way these measures are seen by applicants; Information on the interview process; Factors to consider when implementing the use of such tests.
- Skills-based grilling finds best hopefuls. Williams, Nadia // Personnel Today;3/11/2008, p49
The article reports on a study which says that introducing or improving competency-based interviews and online psychometric tests have been the most effective changes employers have made to their candidate selection processes. The survey, which questioned 133 employers with a combined workforce...
- Weed them out early. Cowett, Mary // Human Resources (09648380);May2009, p40
The article discusses the use of psychometric testing being incorporated into the online application stage of the recruitment process in selecting an employee. According to Roger Philby, founder of Chemistry Recruitment, intellect, values, motivation, behavior and experience are the five areas...
- HR's role in recruitment called into question by shock survey. Fuller, Georgina // Personnel Today;5/23/2006, p1
The article states that according to the most recent Recruitment Confidence Index (RCI) of Cranfield School of Management, produced in association with the journal "Personnel Today," HR practitioners view every current recruitment method for senior roles as virtually worthless. The survey of...
- Rise in use of psychometrics. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;7/26/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p19
The article presents the findings of a survey conducted by the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR). Psychometric testing is a useful or very useful aid in the recruitment process according to 92 per cent of recruiters surveyed by AGR. The Graduate Recruitment Survey 2007 also revealed that...
- Testing times. Pickard, Jane // People Management;1/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the effectiveness of using online psychometric tests for international recruitment. Estimated number of English language psychometric instruments; Methods that can be used by companies on language bias; Problems posed by cultural differences in employee recruitment.
- With psychometric testing you can... Blythe, Alex // Personnel Today;6/8/2004, p21
The article presents ways to achieve at least 10 top business benefits. It is now widely accepted that organisational success is to a large extent dependent on the hiring and motivating of talented staff. Psychometric testing forces HR to think more clearly about roles, what attributes those...
- FTSE-100 firms turn to psychometrics. // People Management;8/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p12
The article reports that more and more FTSE-100 companies are turning to psychometric testing to recruit and develop staff, according to new research from The Test Agency Hogrefe. Eighty-one percent of the 73 FTSE organisations surveyed said they currently use some form of psychometric testing...
- Becoming a Talent Magnet. Lee, David // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Present personnel management strategies to help businesses attract talented employees. Improvement of the quality of internal operations; Assessment of how well a company's management team treats employees; Importance of assessing a company's ability to satisfy the needs of internal customers.