- Sweden: court battles for equal pay. Ornerborg, Elisabet // UNESCO Courier;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p23
Looks at the gender gap in the workplace in Sweden, in which women receive less in compensation than men. Cases of employment discrimination; Collective agreement for wage increases.
- Stop salary discrimination against some city workers. Monette-Shaw, Patrick // Bay Area Reporter;8/27/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p4
In this article the author discusses the issue on the salary discrimination among women and people of color who work in the in California.
- Equality in degrees. // Herizons;Summer99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Presents statistics comparing the employment situation of men and women in Canada. University degree holders; Average pay; Percentage working.
- Working Women in Russia at the End of the 1990s. Rzhanitsyna, L. // Problems of Economic Transition;Nov2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p56
Describes the situation of female employment in Russia at the end of 1990s. Patterns and trends between 1991 and 1998; Inability of the national economy to provide a foundation for gender equality; Comparison between the wages of men and women; Recommendations and implications.
- Turned Off By Gas Company. Wells, Donna // Lesbian Tide;May/Jun75, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p25
Relates the author's experience in working at the Pacific Gas and Electric Co. as a 'groundsman,' a job traditionally given to men. Negative evaluation given by male supervisors; Termination after refusing to accept a meter-reading job; Plan to legally contest her dismissal.
- The Effects of the Structured Interview on Reducing Biases Against Pregnant Job Applicants. Bragger, Jennifer DeNicolis; Kutcher, Eugene; Morgan, John; Firth, Patricia // Sex Roles;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7/8, p215
Focuses on a study which investigated the employment bias of pregnant women in the workplace. Reasons for pregnant biases in the workplace; Civil rights law on the protection of pregnant women; Structure of the interview process for pregnant women.
- AFGHANISTAN: TALIBAN PROHIBIT ALL EMPLOYMENT OF WOMEN. // Women's International Network News;Winter2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
Reports the banning of women for employment in non-governmental agencies in Afghanistan. Arrest of Mary MacMakin, director the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Support for Afghanistan.
- SUDAN: BAN ON WOMEN WORKING CONTINUES, THOUGH SUSPENDED. // Women's International Network News;Winter2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p65
Reports the temporary suspension of a ban on women working in public service sector in Sudan in September 2000.
- Occupational gender segregation. Preston, Jo Anne // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall99 Special Issue, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p611
This article examines recent research on occupational segregation by gender. It reviews and evaluates statistical approaches to measuring the extent to which women are disproportionately represented in "women's jobs" and men in "men's jobs." By combining the findings of a number of studies, it...