Technophobes byte back
- IT directors gloomy. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by Serena Software which reveals that only 17 percent of British information technology directors believe that their role is to deliver competitive advantage.
- IT chiefs with CRM in demand. Bently, Ross // Computer Weekly;10/31/2002, p44
Reports that information technology (IT) directors who have expertise in customer relationship management are in demand. Increased demand in retail industry sector; Impact of customer loyalty scheme on the increased demand of the directors.
- How to respond to 'disruptive technologies'. Bolton, Bart; Carey, Dennis C. // Directors & Boards;Spring2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p45
Discusses how the board directors of a company can devise ways to make sure that the firm can adapt to technological changes. Inability of companies to cope with disruptive technologies; Role of the chief technology officer in dealing with emerging technology issues. INSET: The eight deadly...
- Construction Innovation Forum appoints five board members. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Feb99, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p18
Announces the appointment of five members to the board of directors of the Construction Innovation Forum.
- New tricks for top dogs. Finn, Widget // Director;May2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on how company board leaders can cope with the spread of information technology (IT) on businesses in Great Britain. Large gap in IT knowledge at the top British industry; Advantage of technology to the operations of companies; Suggestion for the use of formal procedures on assessing the...
- Boards are from Mars...techies are from Venus. Bird, Jane // Management Today;Feb1998, p58
Presents information relating to information technology directors. Increase in these directors; Description of their responsibilities; Importance of information technology in a company; Information on some directors. INSET: Having a seat on the board makes little difference.
- IT directors â€” who needs' em? Remenyi, Dan // Computer Weekly;3/28/2002, p46
Focuses on the directorship in information technology (IT). Contributions of IT to business; Job description of a chief information officer; Distinction between the business and the IT function.
- Beware the perils of a networked world. Gladwell, Christian // Director;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p30
The article discusses the factors that corporate directors need to consider when using business technology including the human factor, the limitations of the technology and assessment of potential consequences of technological barriers.
- Make this your space. Clark, Lindsay // Computer Weekly;1/30/2003, p34
Focuses on the skills set required by information technology (IT) professionals to gain entry to board-level management. Training provided by the Institute of Directors to the IT professionals; Expectations of IT companies from the board executives; Significance of information regarding the...