Managing people and administration
- You've got to hand it to them. Lewis, Andrew // People Management;9/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p47
Contends that line managers can gain significant advantages by trusting their employees to use self-service human resources information systems called employee self-service (ESS). Transactions that employees can perform by using an intranet ESS; Barriers to implementing the ESS.
- Make a difference by doing IT better. Richards-Carpenter, Colin // People Management;6/13/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p39
Discusses the findings from the annual Computers in Personnel and Training survey. Event which contributed to replacement computerised personnel information systems (CPIS) sales over the past two years; Features of a CPIS that were shown by the survey to be important; Four factors that are seen...
- Running a great IS department. // InfoWorld;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 16, pS3
Presents the results of a survey on the best methods to create a successful information systems (IS) organization. IS and the corporate mission; Ways to improve one's help desk; Systems stability; Desktop adequacy. INSETS: Survey methodology.;The measure of success...;The value of...
- Putting together the perfect team. Steen, Margaret // InfoWorld;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 16, pS21
Offers advice on how to create the perfect information systems (IS) staff. Recruitment of top-notch IS staff; Low-cost benefits that help retain staff; Importance of maintaining flexibility throughout the hiring process.
- HRMS made easy. Behr, Alyson // InfoWorld;4/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p30
Reviews the Employease eHR and Peopleclick online human resource management systems. Cost; Platforms; Applications.
- A message from... Kerrie Fuller. Fuller, Kerrie // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Oct/Nov2009, Issue 68, p09
The article provides information on the message of the Membership Manager of Institute of Administrative Management (IAM). She is congratulating all the members of IAM who have been upgraded to Fellowship status. She also needs help from IAM members to deliver career talks and the tips on how to...
- Staff Grading and How to be Right About Pay. // Management Services;Sep86, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p24
The article presents information related to staff grading and how to be right about pay. With the number of employees' claims resulting in industrial tribunals increasing, managers are going to need all the help they can get in accurately gauging salary levels. With this in mind the Institute of...
- International Views from IAM members. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Oct/Nov2004, Issue 43, p14
The article presents views of the members of the Institute of Administrative Management concerning "ism" and presents some interesting comments and case studies on the current topic of project management. According to Mark Paul Highfield from Aberdeen, there can be no "ism" more neutral and...
- Administering Total Quality -- Success through people. // Management Services;Feb1991, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
Following its highly successful conference held in May 1990 with the theme, Administering Total Quality (ATQ) â€” The Challenge for the 1990's, the Institute of Administrative Management (IAM) is planning to build on this success in 1991. The 1991 conference will focus on those aspects of...