75-Year-Old Man With Progressive Shortness of Breath on Exertion
- Clonazepam. // Reactions Weekly;1/9/2010 Part 1 of 2, Issue 1283, p32
The article describes a case of prolonged RR interval in a 74-year-old man receiving clonazepam to be able to sleep at night. It relates the symptoms experienced by the patient, including exacerbation of heart palpitations and chest distress. The treatment administered to the patient and its...
- Panic Disorder at the End of Life #145. Periyakoil, V.S. // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p483
The article offers information on the definition, diagnosis and management of panic attack. A panic attack is defined as a discrete period of intense fear or discomfort. Some of the symptoms include palpitations, accelerated heart rate, sweating, trembling and sensations of shortness of breath....
- Mystery in the ICU. LAINE, BETTY // Angels on Earth;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p24
The author presents a personal narrative of her experience recovering from rapid heart rate in a hospital during the Christmas holidays.
- Heart beat, heart beat, what do you tell me now? MATHAI, GITA // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);11/16/2015, p9
The article focuses on various health information provided by the heart rate and mentions topics such as heart malformations, advice on tracking palpitations, and lifestyle factors contributing to palpitations such as stress, stimulants, and weight loss herbal medications.
- ENDGAMES. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/4/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7711, p55
A quiz about a clinical case involving a 65-year-old man who complained of episodic palpitations.
- Sarcom sinovial cardiac. Manitiu, I.; Dobrin, Ruxandra; Matei, Raluca; Teodoru, Minodora; Cojan, R. // Romanian Journal of Cardiology;Sep2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p159
The sinovial sarcoma is extremely rare; seven cases have been described in the literature of specialty. The majority of synovial sarcomas are localized in the right heart. Dispnoea, palpitations and syncopa are the major symptoms of the heart tumors. Th e echocardiography allows the detection of...
- Ablation of Atrioventricular nodal â€œslow pathwayâ€ for simultaneous treatment of coexisting atrioventricular and nodal reciprocating tachycardias. Massimo Tritto; Massimo Grimaldi; Maria Biasco // Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology;Aug2007, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p143
Abstract IntroductionÂ Â We report the case of a 49-year-old male patient with recurrent palpitations and two different supraventricular reciprocating tachycardias due to atrioventricular (AV) nodal reentry and orthodromic AV reentry sustained by a left-sided, concealed AV accessory pathway...
- health q&a. Callahan, Lisa // Self;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p124
The article presents questions and answers related to health. One question raised was if spending long hours in front of the computer can make an eyesight worse. Another question was asked if a cold can be acquired through in and out of air-conditioning. Another reader asked about heart...
- Use of high-frequency peak in spectral analysis of heart rate increment to improve screening of obstructive sleep apnoea. Poupard, Laurent; Court-Fortune, Isabelle; Pichot, Vincent; Chouchou, Florian; Barthélémy, Jean-Claude; Roche, Frédéric // Sleep & Breathing;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p837
Purpose: Several studies have correlated the ratio of the very low frequency power spectral density of heart rate increment (%VLFI) with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS). However, patients with impaired heart rate variability may exhibit large variations of heart rate increment (HRI)...