What's in Store for Blackstone's Hotels?
- Host Marriott completes deal for Blackstone portfolio. Andorka Jr., Frank H. // Hotel & Motel Management;02/01/99, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p4
Reports on Host Marriott Corporation's purchase of luxury hotels from the Blackstone Group. Worth of the transaction; Properties included in the Blackstone portfolio; Comments from Ken Cruse, director of corporate strategy for Host Marriott.
- Hilton Deal Sparks Takeover Rumour Mill. // Hospitality Ireland;Aug2007, Issue 39, p11
This article reports on the rumor raised by the takeover of Hilton Hotels Corporation by Blackstone Group in the hospitality sector. The acquisition deal is valued at $47.50 per share. Stock prices in the industry have been affected by the speculation. Some of the affected share prices are...
- Planned Blackstone IPO won't rock the boat. Higgins, Stacey Mieyal // Hotel & Motel Management;4/16/2007, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the potential impact of the Blackstone Group Inc.'s initial public offering (IPO) in the U.S. According to Bjorn Hanson, principal in PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP's hospitality and leisure practice, with a rumored $4 billion IPO, it would be the largest IPO for a company...
- BLACKSTONE EYES DAVENTRY SHED. // EuroProperty;6/17/2013, p2
The article reports on the plan of the private equity firm Blackstone Group LP to purchase the 41,806 square kilometers Eddie Stobart logistics hub at the Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal in Northamptonshire, England.
- TRANSACTIONS. // Lodging Hospitality;3/15/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p22
The article offers news briefs related to the hotel industry in the U.S. as of March 2006. Several hotels received awards during the Americas Lodging Investment Summit in Los Angeles, California. An affiliate of Blackstone Group Inc. purchased the Wellesley Inn of Palm Beach Hospitality LLC in...
- 2014 Trend Report. // Hotel Management (21582122);12/8/2014, Vol. 229 Issue 15, p4
The article presents several happenings in the hospitality industry during 2014 in U.S. 2014 saw an all time high in U.S. room night sales. There were several expansion and diversifications. Several companies including Carlson (Radisson Red), Best Western (Vib) and Hilton (Canopy) launched new...
- Blackstone Swaps BankUnited Shares. Witkowski, Rachel // American Banker;3/5/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 34, p7
The article mentions Blackstone Group converted 5.4 million shares of its common stock in BankUnited Inc. into nonvoting preferred stock.
- Blackstone: Back in Black. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;11/6/2009, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Blackstone Group in the third quarter of 2009. New York City-based private equity firm made a turn around by realizing a profit of 275 million U.S. dollars compared with a net loss of 503 million U.S. dollars a year ago. Share price of the...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Hotel & Motel Management;7/4/2005, Vol. 220 Issue 12, p1
This article presents news briefs pertaining to the hospitality industry in the United States. Wyndham International entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of The Blackstone Group. John Q. Hammons Hotels and JQH Acquisition LLC agreed to merge. Insurance premiums are...