Barclays Pushing Into US Energy Trading
- 2011 M&A Forecast: Bigger, Busier, More Belligerent. Colter, Allison Bisbey // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/10/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p25
The article offers forecast for the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity for 2011. Jeff Raich, a managing director and co-founder of Moelis & Co., expects increase of deals north of 5 or 10 billion U.S. dollars in 2011. He observed that banks and investors are increasingly preferring both...
- Resource for the goose. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/28/2006, Vol. 124 Issue 6513, p59
This article reports that investors, who bought the notion of a super cycle in commodity prices have trebled their outlays since the Chinese economy began to wake. Resource shares have recorded one of their greatest runs of modern times. National Australian Bank economist Gerard Burg predicted...
- Saugus Bank copes with lender liability. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr91, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the efforts of Saugus Bank to cope with lender liability. Emphasis on the environmental troubles of customers; Reasons behind the refusal of banks to lend; Absence of environmental liability legislation.
- New Role for Barclays Executive. // American Banker;11/8/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 215, p29
Reports on Barclays Capital announcement of changes to their executive line-up. Naguib Kheraj who will head investment banking; Comments by analyst Jonathan Tyce; Uncertainty over the future of the company and corporate strategy.
- Barclays hits the road with European ABS investors. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;3/6/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p17
The article reports that Barclays Capital's securitization research team has met with 120 asset-backed securities investor clients in 18 European countries as part of the bank's annual tour with investors. A research team member has indicated investors continue to look at changes in prepayment...
- Crops battle for acres. Suderman, Arlan // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Dec2010, Vol. 184 Issue 12, p82
The article discusses the author's views on the competition of grain traders for greater acreage of agricultural commodities but reveals that investors fear the inflationary effects.
- Seats Filling At Energy Table. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the improvement of energy industries. Turnaround in banking activity and investor interest in the energy industry; Private equity firms' investment in energy utilities.
- Fidelity taps into China's consumers. Brennan, Henry // Fund Strategy;2/21/2011, p7
The article announces the plan of Fidelity to launch an open-ended fund for investors who seek exposure to the increasing commodities market in China.
- High commodity prices come with a cost. Ford, Steve // Mid-South Farmer;Dec2010, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the weakening of the high commodity prices because investors are pouring money to increase agricultural output in the U.S.