New HSBC Chief An I-Banking Veteran
- HSBC Building Household Internationally. // American Banker;8/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 154, p20
Focuses on HSBC Holdings PLC, which plans to export the business model of its American consumer finance unit, Household International, to several countries. Comment of the bank chief executive officer, Stephen Green; Outlook for Household systems to be set up in Mexico, France, India, Brazil,...
- HSBC May Choose Chairman This Month. // American Banker;9/13/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 140, p12
The article reports that financial firm HSBC Holdings PLC is expected to select a successor to Chairman Stephen Green soon.
- HSBC gets investment banking licence. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/25/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 47, p41
This article reports on the decision of the Capital Market Authority to approve the formation of a full-service investment bank by HSBC and local affiliate Saudi British Bank (SABB). The venture is the first foreign bank to be granted a license for such activities under the capital market law....
- The cost of doing business in Africa. // Finance Week;4/7/2003, Mergers & Acquisitions p10
Reports that HSBC PLC considers South Africa as one of the key regions in terms of investment banking. Economic characteristics of the country; Opportunities for providing basic telecommunications in the country.
- Changes Seen Impending In HSBC Top Management. // American Banker;5/25/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 80, p16
The article discusses the possible resignation of Stephen Green, chairman of the financial services company HSBC Holdings PLC. According to Great Britain's "Sunday Telegraphy," Green is expected to step down from his position in 2010.
- HSBC Investment Banker Named CEO. // American Banker;3/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 41, p10
Focuses on the announcement by HSBC Holdings PLC that Stephen Green will succeed Sir Keith Whitson as chief executive officer. Background on Green, the retirement of Whitson, executive chairman Sir John Bond, and the appointment of Alan Jebson to a newly created position; Mention of the HSBC...
- HSBC's Green Gets Trade Post. // American Banker;9/8/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 138, p2
The author reports on possible replacements for Stephen Green, the chairman of the financial services company HSBC Holdings PLC, after he steps down.
- Dozens Have Left HSBC London Office. // American Banker;6/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 115, p10
Announcement from HSBC Holdings PLC that approximately 60 to 70 employees have left its corporate finance and equities business in London. Explains that the company insists it has "plenty" of analysts there and predicts growth in Asia; Commentary offered by Stephen Green, executive director for...
- Asia. Marriott, Cherie // Global Finance;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p39
Reports on HSBC Holdings as the best international bank in the emerging market of Asia. Banking services it dominates; Strategies to maintain its dominance in the Asian market; Countries were it has a strong presence.