They Just Want To Be Worn
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Sporting goods chains target Southern California... Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;2/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p6
Reports that sporting goods chains target Southern California consumers. Plan of Gart Sports to begin remodelling and remarchandising the acquired Sportsmart stores; Sports Authority's plan of expanding its store presence in Los Angeles; Sporting goods chains present in the area.
- Most Wanted. // Transworld Skateboarding;Nov2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p252
Covers information on skateboard-related products in the U.S. as of November 2003. Description of skateboards manufactured by enjoi Skateboards; Features of Ghetto Child skateboard wheels; Advantages of the High Velocity Bearings from FKD.
- At play. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/17/95, Issue 28, p72
Features some technologically advanced sports and entertainment products. LotusSport 110 bicycle; Reebok's Instapump Fury and Nike's Air Max shoes; Mannerfelt B-28 high-performance boat; Casio QV-10 digital camera; Corgi, a self-propelled tennis-ball retriever; Active Brake Technology, a system...
- Light It Up. Beech, Mark; Cook, Kevin; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;11/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 19, Following p40
Offers information on Satellight, a lighted backboard and rim by Huffy Sports. Benefits of the backboard for evening basketball games; How the backboard works; Features; Cost; Availability.
- Living Up to the Promise. Hartford, James // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p4
The author reflects on the acquisition of the periodicals "Sporting Goods Business," "Sporting Goods Dealer," "Inside Sporting Goods," "Outdoor Business," and "Hunting Business" by The SportsOneSource Group in 2006. The article presents the author's focus on the value of the brand name and...
- Store on Wheels has New Line of Knobby Balls. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p112
The article reports that Store on Wheels, an importer and distributor of trendy toys and novelties, has announced a new line of knobby balls. According the author, the inexpensive inflatable balls come in five different sizes and are perfect for cranes. Article topics include information on...
- The Orvis Co. Retzlaff, Heather // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Sep2006, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p57
The article features the spring 2005 print catalog of sporting goods and apparel from Orvis Co. The range of products from the company is discussed. The way Orvis presented technical information is described. The use of problem/solution boxes in the catalog is considered. The limitations of the...
- Good Gear. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p66
Provides information on several sporting goods in late 2004. Core Protective Gear for men by Shock Doctor; Steripen water purifier; RS_2 sandal by Pearl Izumi; LiveStrong socks by Defeet; Head gear by Full90 Sports.