Icing the Competition
- Perani's Selects Coresense to Manage Stores and Ecommerce. // Apparel Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the selection of CORESense's integrated retail and ecommerce management software solution by Michigan-based specialty sporting goods retailer Perani's Hockey World to manage its 15 stores and ecommerce business. Information is given on the features and capabilities of the...
- TOP SPORTING GOODS RETAILERS. // DSN Retailing Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p32
Discusses the status of sporting goods retailers in the U.S., according to the 'Annual Industry Report,' compiled by 'DSN Retailing Today,' in 2001. Top sporting goods retailers identified by the report; Decline in the total sales of The Sports Authority; Number of stores opened by Hibbett...
- AUGUST 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p234
Presents a list of sports retail stores for skateboarders. Vertical X-scape in Atlanta, Georgia; Real Skate in Curridabat, Costa Rica; Stone 15 in Helsinki, Finland; Melrose Sports in Cebu City, Philippines.
- DECEMBER 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p214
Presents a directory of skateboarding retail stores in the U.S. Goodwill Board Sports in Conway, Arkansas; West Side Skate Shop in Tarpon Springs, Florida; Fairmont Skate Shop in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
- CREATING NEW OPPORTUNITIES. Hartford, James M. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the author's opinion on the sporting goods market in the U.S. The author says that with unemployment continuing to expand, the market will lose even more spending strength until companies start expanding payrolls again in mid-2010 as expected. The author says that the...
- Interactive Sports Authority unit, prototype for future, bows in N.J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 60, p8
Features the interactive store unveiled by Sports Authority in Clifton, New Jersey. Location; Design of the interiors; Display of merchandise according to activity.
- Let's send the 'bad guys' somewbere else. Faltinek, James L. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the organized gangs of shoplifters, who worked to steal, repackage and resell such items as razor blades, infant formula and diabetes test strips. The hired shoplifters were motivated with perks that included free transportation and bail money, as needed. The gang...
- Wise sporting goods watchers are curbing their outdoor enthusiasm. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p9
Comments on the growth of sporting stores in the U.S. Increase in the interest of outdoor activities among consumers; Surge in the expansion activity of sporting stores; Concerns on the unsustainability of the growth of the industry.
- Adidas Eyeing China. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;8/28/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 34, p10
The article discusses the plans of athletic goods firm Adidas to significantly increase its retail presence in China in line with the upcoming 2008 Beijing Olympics. The company aims to double the total number of Adidas-branded stores in China by 2010, taking its store count to 5,000. Adidas is...