- Active Pursuit. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
This article discusses trends in the sporting goods industry during 2006. The article notes that active apparel has soared in popularity during the 21st century, including quick-drying performance fabrics and performance activewear. The technology of newer fibers is highlighted, as are efforts...
- Most Wanted. // Transworld Skateboarding;Nov2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p252
Covers information on skateboard-related products in the U.S. as of November 2003. Description of skateboards manufactured by enjoi Skateboards; Features of Ghetto Child skateboard wheels; Advantages of the High Velocity Bearings from FKD.
- Light It Up. Beech, Mark; Cook, Kevin; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;11/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 19, Following p40
Offers information on Satellight, a lighted backboard and rim by Huffy Sports. Benefits of the backboard for evening basketball games; How the backboard works; Features; Cost; Availability.
- IBEX. // SGB;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p24
The article offers brief information on several products in the sporting goods industry from Ibex including Rim garments, Synergy fabric, and wool insulation series.
- Flex Time. Casimiro, Steve // National Geographic Adventure;Oct2005, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p36
The article presents information on the essentials and gears on needs to have while hiking. If one is packing for a weekend outside, he needs clothes that can handle everything. That means apparel that combines technical, breathable fabrics with good, clean lines versatile enough for walking the...
- OBJECT OF DESIRE. Ward, Andy // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Oct2004, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p131
Features the Wilson K2 football. Popularity among young football players; Price.
- Good Gear. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p66
Provides information on several sporting goods in late 2004. Core Protective Gear for men by Shock Doctor; Steripen water purifier; RS_2 sandal by Pearl Izumi; LiveStrong socks by Defeet; Head gear by Full90 Sports.
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Active Fusion. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p32
The article offers a look at the blending of sport and street style that leads to subtle, sophisticated designs. The newest styles comfortably cross over from one activity to another which sees the mixture of technology with trendiness. This fusion has been adopted in all aspects in the clothing...