Banned Running Shoe Makes Waves
- athletic shoes. Lefton, Terry // Adweek Midwest Edition;04/24/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 17, pU6
Offers information on the athletic shoes industry in the United States that are of relevance to advertising as of April 24, 2000. Trend that dominates the industry; Sales performance of various brands; Specific categories that are doing well.
- Nike gets animated for World Cup with short-film. Joseph, Sebastian // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/10/2014, p6
The article focuses on the marketing style employed by sports footwear and apparel company Nike in its bid to dominate sales during the World Cup season in 2014. Topics discussed include the Pixar-style short film launched by the company and the primary purpose of the film. The use of a similar...
- Spira Prepares to Spring Ahead. Sullivan, Mark; Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, Special Section p6
Features Spira Footwear, a Texas-based shoe company. Reason behind the ban imposed by U.S. Track & Field on Spira shoes from competition; Remarks from Spira president and CEO Andy Krafsur on the ruling; Information on the company's WaveSpring technology; Prices of Spira's shoe models; History...
- Putting a spring in your step. Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;12/9/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 23, p70
Reports on the developments conceptualized by engineers at El Paso, Texas-based footwear manufacturer, Spira, on its running shoes. Traditional ways in reducing impacts associated with running; Company that supplied the stainless-steel wavesprings installed in the shoes; Mandate issued by the...
- Technology, not fashion, now seen as crucial to selling... Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;02/16/98, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the efforts of athletic shoe marketers to sprint their products towards technology positioning. Attempts of Nike for its Alpha sub-brand; Ad efforts of Reebok with the theme, `Planet Reebok'; Campaign of Fila to support the first signature show for Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter;...
- athletic shoes. Lefton, Terry // Adweek Western Edition;04/24/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 17, pU6
Focuses on the 1999 market status of athletic shoes manufacturers in the United States. Advertising campaign spending of the industry; Sales performance of some shoe companies.
- BUZZ. // FN: Footwear News;12/12/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 49, p29
The article presents an update on the footwear industry in the United States as of December 2005. Adidas will launch its Predator soccer boot at the World Cup in June 2006. Spira has launched its Banned in Boston campaign in preparation for its participation in the 2006 Boston Marathon in...
- Sock makers look for shoe-in. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/27/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 79, p19
Provides information on the cross-merchandising of socks and shoes. Why activewear makers are branching out; Discussion on footwear advertising; Information on footwear business. INSET: Legbeat.
- Bridgestone Golf Booms It Again. Stogel, Chuck // Brandweek;1/1/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p11
The article looks at Bridgestone Golf's television, print, and online advertising campaign to support its clubs and balls. The effort, via Bohan, features tour professionals Fred Couples and Stuart Appleby and continues with the "Boom It" theme the company previously introduced. Dan Murphy,...