Liz Claiborne Acquires Prana
- Prana Gives Liz an Active Boost. Kletter, Melanie; Greenberg, Julee // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/9/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 101, p6
This article reports on the acquisition of Prana, a manufacturer of climbing and Yoga gear, by Liz Claiborne Inc. Claiborne now owns 42 brands and its purchase of the $30 million Prana marries two companies with different operating structures, according to Paul Charron, chairman and CEO of Liz...
- Co-Founders Buy Back Prana. Lunan, Charlie // SGB;Mar2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that Beaver Theodosakis and other co-founders of the apparel company Prana are taking back the company from Liz Claiborne Inc., with the help from private equity firm Steelpoint Capital Partners. Prana was acquired by Claiborne for $34.4 million in November 2005. But just...
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/4/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 98, p2
Presents news briefs on issues and events related to the women's clothing industry, as of November 4, 2005. Acquisition of prAna, a Vista, California-based firm that markets climbing, yoga and outdoor lifestyle apparel and accessories, by Liz Claiborne Inc.; Deal to extend safeguard quotas on...
- Claiborne buys 84.5% of Segrets. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/18/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 32, p20
Focuses on Liz Claiborne Inc.'s acquisition of a major stake of Segrets Inc.
- Lucky number. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/19/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 35, p9
Reports on Liz Claiborne's acquisition of 85% of Lucky Brand Dungarees Inc.
- Investments in Active, Outdoor Firms Soar. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/12/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the acquisition activities in the clothing industry in the U.S. in 2006. It cites the plan of Liz Claiborne Inc. to acquire other brands in the activewear and outdoor category. Views of Lucy Activewear CEO Mike Edwards on the acquisition trend are stated. It also presents...
- LizWorld: One Brand, More Diversity. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/29/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 89, p8
Reports on the plan of clothing firm Liz Claiborne Inc. to consolidate its sub-brands in New York City. Benefits of the consolidation for the company; Marketing approach planned by the firm; Percentage of the company's brand recognition.
- Claiborne Gets Court Approval To Buy Bankrupt Monet Group. D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/11/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p2
Reports on Liz Claiborne Inc.'s acquisition of Monet Group Inc. Terms of agreement; Purchase price; Nature of business of the two companies.
- Liz Claiborne completes Podell deal. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/5/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 89, p20
Reports on the completion of the purchase of Podell Industries by fashion house Liz Claiborne. Purchase price.