Industry Hall of Fame Turns 50
- SoCal, So Good for Outdoor Business. // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the 2nd annual OB Outlook Conference, held in November 2005 at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines in La Jolla, California. The conference provided outdoor industry specialists with business seminars, panel discussions, and many networking opportunities. Keynote speakers...
- More for Less. Margulis, Ron // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p20
The article encourages sporting goods retailers in the U.S. to get abreast with technology trends in 2006. The first trend for retailers would see a shift away from manual methods of transacting and accounting for sales and products. Another is the integration of systems allowing operators to...
- SHOW PHOTOS. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p143
The article presents photographs of the 2007 International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions Expo.
- SGB's Texas Round-Up. // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on SGB's Second Annual Elite Specialty Running Conference held in Austin, Texas. The conference, with more than 70 retailers in attendance, is targeted t0 build network and provide business tips. It also highlighted SportsScanINFO's Matt Powell's statistics on running...
- DATA CONTROL. // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses the management of data overload coming from various product presentations at sporting goods industry events in the U.S. This data overload is best handled through data control. The best route to success in managing data overload is by synthesizing information. This method...
- Engineering prof wins international award. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;5/17/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p18
Cites the recipients of the various awards during the Antec '99 of the Society of Plastics Engineers in the United States. Includes engineering professor Christopher Macosko as recipient of the International Award; Joel L. Williams for John W. Hyatt Award; Jerome B. Lando for Education Award.
- Crain's wins two first-place AABP awards. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/17/96, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the two major awards received by `Crain's Detroit Business' periodical staff from the Association of Area Business Publication during the group's 1996 conference. Amy Lane's column as the best regular feature in large newspapers; Newspaper as first placer for the best local spin of...
- SPE announces fellows, honored-service members. // Plastics News;5/27/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p9
Lists the members of the Society of Plastics Engineers honored during its Annual Technical Conference in San Francisco, California.
- Timeline. // Maryland Life;Oct2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Photographs of several participants in various events in Maryland in 2012, including the 16th Annual Carson Scholar Awards Banquet, Maryland Fall Travel Promotional, and the Maryland Association of Counties Annual Conference, are presented.