Timberland Sews Up SmartWool Purchase
- Liz Claiborne Acquires Prana. Leand, Thomas J. // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the acquisition of Prana by Liz Clairborne Inc. The purchase price is $34.4 million consisting of an initial payment of $32.5 million and the retirement of debt at closing of approximately $1.9 million. Under the acquisition agreement, Prana's owners will receive...
- Teamwork. // Dealernews;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p10
Reports on powersports products manufacturer Performance Motorsports' acquisition of French crankshaft company Chambon SA. Products manufactured by Chambon; Powersports companies owned by Performance Motorsports.
- K2 Gets OK to Buy Rawlings. // San Diego Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p44
Reports that shareholders of K2 Inc. and Rawlings Sporting Goods Co. Inc. approved the merger of their companies in separate meetings held on March 26, 2003.
- K2 Makes a Pitch to Buy Locally Based Fotoball USA. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p10
Announces K2 Inc.'s offer to purchase Fotoball USA, a San Diego-based maker of souvenirs, for about $17 million. Possible benefits for both companies; Other acquisitions of K2 including Rawlings Sporting Goods Co., Olin, Worth, Stearns, and Shakespeare.
- M&A Looks Good For Stocks in 2000. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/16/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p3
Looks at impact of corporate merger and acquisition deals to the stocks of several firms in the year 2000. Effects on stocks in the business industry; Comment from Ralph Acampora, director of technical research at Prudential Securities; Details on the acquisition activities in the utility sector.
- In M&A, cash may be king, but not in all kingdoms. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/29/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the resurgence of cash deals in mergers in the United States. Decline of stock-for-stock merger and acquisition deals; Uncertainty in the stock market.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/14/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 33, p34
Presents charts showing figures on underwriting in the merger and acquisition activity in the United States for the first week of August 2000. Announced U.S. target volume by selected industry as of August 4, 2000; Largest U.S. target deals as of August 10, 2000.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/14/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 33, p37
Presents charts showing figures on underwriting in the merger and acquisition activity for the first week of August 2000. Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers as of August 4, 2000; Largest acquisition related syndicated loans as of August 10, 2000.
- McCaw wins nod, some bondholders gain. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;11/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the impact of the bidding war between India's Zee Telefilms and Craig McCaw over ICO Global on ICO Global's stock price.