- Cable getting kicked in ads. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/13/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 51, p1
Details the impact of declined advertising in cable networks in the United States. Provision of discounts to advertisers; Reduction in program development; Cancellation of several television programs.
- Predicting 2001 ad spending a tough call. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p46
Presents predictions on advertisement spending of television networks in the United States. Concerns on the economy of advertising and cable programming sales; Possibility of syndication advertising growth; Decrease in ratings of syndicated shows.
- AT&T Hangs Up on $110 Mil. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;8/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the impact of the cancellation of upfront advertising commitments by AT&T on television (TV) network sales in the U.S. in August 2004. Total estimated loss of the TV networks due to the cancellation; Reason behind the the decision of the company to cancel advertising commitments;...
- CBS Pitching Sticky Videos. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on the plans of the CBS television (TV) network to claim that it engages audiences better than its competitors to sell its digital deals at the 2008 upfront advertising market in the U.S. The offer will back its claim with research on engagement, how many video streams it...
- FINANCIAL WRAP-UP. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p16
Presents stock prices of telecommunication and television broadcasting companies in the United States for the week of July 3 to 7, 2000. Best and worst performing stocks; Stock price indexes.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p74
Presents data related to stocks of television broadcasting and communication industry in the U.S. as of September 23, 2002. Stock prices of Lucent Technologies Inc. from September 12-18, 2002; Highest gainers and losers in these industries during the period; Closing prices of stocks of...
- Groups look to cut costs, set the pace. Gimein, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;9/9/96, Vol. 46 Issue 37, Media outlook '97 p28
Forecasts trends for television advertising in the United States. Impact of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 on the television industry; Reigning mentality in the industry; Expectations for seeing some economies of scale in 1997; Position of expanded television groups to shave off their...
- TVB launches local campaign. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p69
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has launched an advertising campaign designed to promote local broadcast television in the United States.
- Study projects steady net growth. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;08/09/99, Vol. 129 Issue 33, p23
Reports on Veronis Suhler & Associates' forecasts on television advertising in the United States, from 1999 to 2003. Annual growth rate; Audience share of major television networks.