Riding the Kids Wave
- VH1 Classic Gears for Launch. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p5
Reports on United States-based cable television company MTV Networks' plan to launch its VH1 Classic cable television network as of May 1, 2000. Features of the cable television network; Company's plan to use the network to promote broadband Internet technology.
- Distribution is the hang-up. J.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p6
Reports the plan of installing a gay cable network from Showtime and MTV. Company operation on films and stuff; Management scheme on cable operators; Improvement of the programming systems.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;12/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p13
Provides update on cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. Two films from MTV under the Original Movies for Television division; Deal of The Box music video channel with HyperTV Networks; Deal of USA Networks with MGM.
- Hits do wonders for MTV, FX. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/1/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 27, p12
Reports the business performance of cable television networks on airing blockbuster shows. Status of FX and MTV on telecast of hit shows; Survey provided by Nielsen Media Research; Success of the original drama shows of Lifetime.
- Cable TV. // MediaWeek;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p17
Provides information on cable television networks. The Travel Channel's prime-time block; Licensing agreement of MTV Networks with Biz Entertainment, a media company in Russia; Home Box Office's multiplex packages of services.
- Ãœber - Duper: MTV Nets Launch 1st Wholly Broadband Channel. // CableFAX Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p1
This article provides information on mtvU Uber, which is the first broadband channel launched by MTV Networks. MTV general manager Stephen Friedman offered a statement on the broadband channel. MTV has broadband networks that offer video clips and original content. Cisco Systems is partnering...
- Nicktoons gears up for growth after MTV's major cash infusion. Mallory, Michael // Variety;11/18/96 Supplement, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p31
Reports on MTV Networks' capital infusion for Nickelodeon network's animation unit Nicktoons. Studio's expansion plans; Focus on the network's animation productions; Feature film development projects.
- Nick at Nite becoming Nick at Nite-and-Day. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 44, p15
Reports on MTV Networks' plans to launch Nick at Nite's TV Land, a long-talked-about channel dedicated to classic TV. Debut of the channel in the first quarter of 1996; Hope to build on the success of Nick at Nite, the ten-year prime time service that shares a channel position with Nickelodeon;...
- MTV, Viva set launch dates for spinoffs. Molner, David // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p46
Reports on MTV Networks and German vidcaster Viva's announcement of the launch dates of their baby boomer spinoffs. MTV's broadcasting of signal to limited audience on March 10, 1995; Launching of partial programming.