All the News That Fits?
- Sahara TV. Chauhan, R. S. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov/Dec2005, p22
The article explains the transition of Sahara TV into a digital system of news production. Two domains support Sahara's five news channel. Each domain comprises 10 NEXI0 servers, each domain also features two InstantOnline conforming engines. The news channels reach close to 70 million cable and...
- Party, Ideology and Public Evaluations of the Power of Television Newspeople. Pierce, John C. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer77, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p307
Evaluates the power of television news people in the U.S. Differences in the claims of political debate and substantial scholarship on the potential power of television; Presentation of hypotheses; Respondents of the study; Discussion on the relationship between ideological identification and...
- Race and Ethnicity in Local Television News: Framing, Story Assignments, and Source Selections. Poindexter, Paula M.; Smith, Laura; Heider, Don // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p524
Because local television has become the primary source for news, this study examined race and ethnicity in news stories, story assignments, and source selections. A content analysis of local newscasts found Latinos, Asian Americans, and Native Americans were virtually invisible as anchors,...
- Children's Viewing Patterns for Television News. Egan, Lola M. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer78, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p337
Explores children's viewing patterns for television news in the U.S. Elimination of the necessity for reading by television news; Contribution of television news to the political socialization; Usefulness of daily television news.
- Cable Vital Route to Niche Markets. Mandese, Joe // Television Week;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p25
Presents information on the efforts of the cable television industry in the U.S. to reach the multicultural marketplace. Details of the "Multicultural Marketing Guide," released by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau to address the multicultural market; Multicultural segments that are...
- WHAT IS TELEVISION STUDIES? King, Noel // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;1984, Issue 25, p111
The article discusses various reports in this issue, including one by Jeanne Allen on the way it took 20 years to implement television and another by Robert Stam on television news.
- Quality surfing. Hill, Gary // Quill;Jul95 Special Convention Issue, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p20
Describes broadcast journalism in Minnesota. Innovations include satellite news gathering, Doppler radar warnings and cooperative news ventures; Awards won for investigative journalism by WCCO-TV, KARE-TV and KTCA-TV; WCCO program innovations; Direct digital satellite.
- Letter From The President. Price, Peter O. // Television Week;12/3/2007 Emmy Awards Supplement, Vol. 26, pS2
This section discusses various topics related to news reporting on television.
- Report Card Issued on Newscasts. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on the study Project for Excellence in Journalism, which graded the newscasting of several television stations in the United States. Topics included; Results; Newscasts with top gradings.