ABC Family Stunt Spreads Holiday Cheer
- Cable getting kicked in ads. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/17/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the declining demand for cable television advertising in the United States. Effect on cable television companies' programming budgets; Discount rate cable networks are being forced to give some advertisers; Status of theatrical-movie buys.
- Trio Buys Hour on KTLA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
Reports the purchase of television time by Trio cable channel in Los Angeles, California from KTLA-TV to showcase the network's programming in 2003.
- Ops Find New Ways to Tap Quiet Giant. Wlatner, Charles // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p37
Focuses on the different approaches used by companies in creating a programming photoclassified channel in the United States. Emphasis on longer advertising segments to reduce administrative hassles; Need for the operators to place classifieds on easy-to-find channels; Importance of marketing...
- Let's Get Digital. Larson, Megan // Adweek Western Edition;9/24/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 39, pSR24
Discusses predictions for the cable television (TV) industry in the United States in 2002. Increase in cable TV subscriptions; Integration of media services through digital cable; Information on cable/satellite advertising in 2001; Significance of the development of original TV programs.
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p35
Presents charts of the top basic cable advertising-supported programs, network rankings and adult programming for the week April 17-13, 2003.
- What Children Teach Their Parents. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the increasing number of advertisers that target cable television for children in the U.S. Deal signed by Chevrolet with Nickelodeon; Expected increase in adult-targeted advertising in children's television programs; Influence of children on the buying decision of their parents. ...
- Now it's Reality Ads for new cable show. Qassim, Ali // Ad Age Global;Feb2001, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the plan a Buenos Aires, Argentina-based cable television company to launch a reality television channel which will include reality advertising. Creators of the program; Features of the program; Discussions on reality advertising.
- Cable siphons off more b'cast aud. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 26, p10
resents survey findings showing that cable television in the United States is taking a share of television audience away from broadcast television. Data from Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau; Improvement in Nielsens ratings received by primetime cable programs; Performance of individual cable...
- Paying the Piper for the Pipe. Porter, Rex // Communications Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Comments on the increase in cable television programming rates. Advertising on channels that never before interrupted their programming; Rules regarding commercials.