- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Presents information on the ratings achieved by several U.S. cable television networks as of January 9, 2006. ESPN; CourtTV.
- Cable Gobbles Up Sweep. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p6
The article reports on the performance of cable television in the U.S. in November 2005. Cable has outperformed broadcast networks in prime time household share. Tim Brooks, executive vice president of research for Lifetime Television, believes that a decline in the performance of broadcast...
- CABLE TELEVISION. Martin, Denise; Levine, Stuart // Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 8, pA9
Presents an update on cable television networks in the U.S. as of January 2004. Television program lineup of HBO for 2004; Increase in the ratings for the Sunday night National Football League games of ESPN; Golden Globe series nominees earned by FX.
- Networks Love Genre-Based Lineups. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p34
Presents the views of cable television networks in the U.S. on the concept of grouping networks by genre. Information on the test being conducted by Comcast Cable in line with grouping networks by genre; Impact of grouping networks by genre on subscribers; Initiative of Comcast in line with...
- Top Networks Take Plunge In Cable's Summer Swoon. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p25
The article reports on the performance of cable television networks in the U.S. during the 2014 summer and mentions topics including lower primetime ratings of several networks, higher rating of ESPN for its coverage of the World Cup, and impact of lower ratings on revenues and profits.
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- UPN revamps mission. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p12
Reports that UPN is planning to reposition itself as more of an alternative to the major television broadcast networks in the United States, by airing younger-skewing series. Percentage of household audience lost by UPN after increasing its targeted median age of spectators; Overview on the...
- UPN's battling back. Schlosser // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 43, p34
Reports on developments related to United States-based television network UPN as of October 18, 1999. Improvement in the network's ratings performance; Emphasis on male-oriented programs.
- UPN sked picks up the pace. Battaglio, Stephen; de Moraes, Lisa // Hollywood Reporter;5/18/95, Vol. 337 Issue 16, p3
Reports that television network United Paramount Network (UPN) will focus its 1995-1996 schedule and program development on science fiction and action-adventure programs. Attacking rival Warner Brothers Television Network; UPN's target audience; Television programs in development.