BET Taps Wireless Market
- Wireless. // CableFAX Daily;12/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 237, p2
The article presents an update related to wireless telecommunications systems in the U.S. as of December 2005. BET is launching a wireless service as part of its venture with Motricity. Ringtones and graphics are some of the features of BET Mobile. Gemstar TV Guide has launched the TV Guide...
- Mainstreaming Video. Hay, Carla // Billboard;06/19/99, Vol. 111 Issue 25, p28
Looks at the publicity that rhythm & blues (R&B) music is receiving on MTV, the video-music network in the United States. Question of whether MTV is usurping the thunder from Black Entertainment Television (BET), which has traditionally supported R&B and hip-hop videos; Response that MTV is...
- THE EYE. Hay, Carla // Billboard;08/05/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 32, p97
Presents news briefs regarding music on television and radio for the week ending August 5, 2000. Addition of a Latin music category to the Billboard Music Video Awards; Offering of a West Coast feed for the cable television network Black Entertainment Television (BET) for the west coast of the...
- The Eye. Hay, Carla // Billboard;12/29/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 52/1, p65
Focuses on the music video industry in review for the year 2001. Celebration of Music Television (MTV) cable network's 20th anniversary and the MTV Video Music Awards; Mention of VH1, Country Music Television, and the Black Entertainment Television (BET) debut of its first BET Awards;...
- THE EYE. Hay, Carla // Billboard;01/27/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p73
Presents news briefs related to music videos as of January 27, 2001. Transformation of Black Entertainment Television's (BET) music programming; Information on the Music Video Production Association's awards; Details of the television program 'The Underground Video Show,' which will air on...
- Garbage, Busta, Squarepusher Among Nominees For MVPA Awards. Hay, Carla // Billboard;04/10/99, Vol. 111 Issue 15, p73
Presents news relating to music videos for the week ending April 10, 1999. Nominees for the 1999 Music Video Production Association (MVPA); Departure of Gregg Diggs from BET as music director; Other news.
- THE EYE. Hay, Carla // Billboard;09/09/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 37, p99
Presents news briefs for the music video industry as of September 9, 2000. Plans of the Black Entertainment Television (BET) network to debut several new music programs during fall 2000; Popular music acts scheduled to perform at the September 2000 MuchMusic Video Awards; Creation of a music...
- Joel A. Berger Award. // Multichannel News;3/18/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p8A
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award in recognition for public affairs initiatives for AIDS awareness in local communities in the U.S. History of the award; Award given to Black Entertainment Television (BET); Details of the Rap-It-Up campaign of BET.
- BET Awards Gets Star Treatment. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the television program 'BET Awards' from Black Entertainment Television in the U.S. Features of the show; Condition of marketing presence of the program for the year 2002; Sponsors of the 2002 awards show.