Slipping THROUGH THE Screen
- People. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p26
Presents an update related to executive promotions, selection and appointment in the cable industry as of April 2002. Colin Everett at ADC; George L. Hawkey at Cable Scope; Alex Horwitz at Cox Communications.
- Industry Still Fighting Diversity Battle. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p52
Discusses the opinion of cable operator executives on the issue of workforce diversity in the U.S. cable television industry in April 2005. Increase in the number of minority executives at the vice president level at Comcast Corp.; Disadvantages of having a diverse workforce in a cable...
- Two Steps Ahead of Industry. Anstrom, Decker // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p50
The article features Barbara York of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA), who has developed a real feel for the people in the industry. The author states that Barbara's passion for the industry has motivated her to look forward and anticipate the challenges the industry...
- The Faces of Cablevision. Neel, K.C. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p54
The article profiles five Cablevision executives, each working in a different department, but all dedicated to achieving common goals set forth by the Dolans and their executive team. Brad Feldman is the director of video product strategy. Kathy Filosa works as manager of direct marketing. Bob...
- New Direction for Salary Survey. Neel, K. C. // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p76
Reports on the move of Cable Television Human Resources Association (CTHRA) to expand and reconfigure its annual compensation and salary survey as of April 2002. Company hired by CTHRA to handle the survey; Companies which will participate in the survey.
- NCTA's Institutional Memory. Lee, Debra // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p54
The article features Barbara York of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), who possesses a masterful approach to handling an organization's board. The author states that Barbara is a glue that makes the convention and the other things around NCTA. Barbara has commitment...
- Striking the Right Balance. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p27
The article focuses on the different programs of various cable operators that have yielded unexpected benefits for cable employees in the U.S. Cable television operators are working on innovating workplace flexibility and telecommuting. Their programs include power retention incentives for...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.