News Corp. Interested in Hallmark
- Cable backs eBay TV-auction system. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;10/9/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 41, p71
The article reports that the cable industry in the U.S. is backing up a trading system used by eBay to buy television time. eBay is developing two trading mechanisms that will serve both buyer and seller. The first is a buyer-driven format that can be used to solicit offers from sellers on pitch...
- The War Over Sports Fees Gets Hotter and Murkier. // Cable World (10427228);10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the increase in the Fox Sports Net affiliate fees of U.S. cable company Cox as of October 2003. Reaction of News Corp. president Peter Chernin to the increase; Average increase in FSN affiliate fees for 2004; Discussion of the sublicensing deal between FSN and Quest.
- Comcast: We want content. Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 38, p4
This article reports that cable television company Comcast Corp. chief operating officer Stephen Burke emphasized in New York on Monday how important it is for the cable giant to get its hands on more content. Speaking at Forrester Research Consumer Forum 2004, Burke said increased content...
- KDG PULLS CABLE BID. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;9/24/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 58, p10
This article presents information on business development of the company Kabel Deutschland (KDG). KDG withdrew its $3.3 billion bid to take over three regional cablers, citing opposition to the deal by Germany's cartel authority. While Liberty Media Corp. had bid for another slice of Germany's...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.