The 5,000-Channel Man
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign (UK);11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of April 22, 2002. Carriage agreement between Fine Living and National cable Television Cooperative; Decision of Bravo to dedicate the entire month of May 2002 to programming about Broadway theater.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- History's Revamp Includes Themed Nights. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of The History Channel to launch several new series and specials within primetime blocks in order to create thematic destinations and increase its appeal to younger viewers. These are the first major programming initiatives for the network since former A&E...
- New Nets Take Field During National Show. Applebaum, Simon; Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article focuses on the National Show, an annual event of the U.S. cable broadcasting industry, to be held at Chicago, Illinois, in June 2003. The event will see an increase in the number of new cable network companies. The independent, general-entertainment service is currently negotiating...