Tiers and the Family Way
- 8-Year-Old CN8 Won't Stop at 8 Million. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p14
Deals with the continuous expansion of cable operator Comcast Network in October 2004. Percentage of cable subscribers from Washington, D.C., New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; Additions to the television programs aired by the operator; Investments in local programming shows in Denver,...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Comcast Adds New Latino Packages. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p12
The article focuses on the launch of programming packages by Comcast Corp. for Hispanic customers in the United States. Comcast launched Spanish-language offerings in nine of the 10 largest Latino markets, including Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Dallas and Denver, on May 5, 2003. The offerings...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p24
Present news briefs on cable television programming as of March 15, 2004. Broadcast of the Champ Car World Series by Spike TV; Ratings garnered by the fifth-season premiere of the show "The Sopranos" on HBO; Inclusion of "The Tennis Channel" in the Atlanta, Georgia-area subscribers of Comcast Corp.
- Spring Brings Sports-TV Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Reports on several program distribution agreements between sports networks and cable distributors as of March 15, 2004. Black Entertainment Television with Time Warner Cable; National Basketball Association with Comcast; NFL Network with Insight.
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...
- TNN Looks to Get Bounce From Animated Series. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Deals with the changes in the programming line up of TNN as of April 2002. Budget spent on program acquisitions and development; Demographics targeted by the cable network; Information on the animated series lined up in TNN.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.