Tiers and the Family Way
- 8-Year-Old CN8 Won't Stop at 8 Million. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p14
Deals with the continuous expansion of cable operator Comcast Network in October 2004. Percentage of cable subscribers from Washington, D.C., New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; Additions to the television programs aired by the operator; Investments in local programming shows in Denver,...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Comcast Adds New Latino Packages. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p12
The article focuses on the launch of programming packages by Comcast Corp. for Hispanic customers in the United States. Comcast launched Spanish-language offerings in nine of the 10 largest Latino markets, including Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Dallas and Denver, on May 5, 2003. The offerings...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p24
Present news briefs on cable television programming as of March 15, 2004. Broadcast of the Champ Car World Series by Spike TV; Ratings garnered by the fifth-season premiere of the show "The Sopranos" on HBO; Inclusion of "The Tennis Channel" in the Atlanta, Georgia-area subscribers of Comcast Corp.
- Spring Brings Sports-TV Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Reports on several program distribution agreements between sports networks and cable distributors as of March 15, 2004. Black Entertainment Television with Time Warner Cable; National Basketball Association with Comcast; NFL Network with Insight.
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign (UK);11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...