THIS JUST IN
- Basically, Cable Wins '03. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the success of cable television networks in the U.S. in increasing the number of its viewers in 2003. Estimate on the viewership share of cable networks and broadcast networks according to Nielsen Media Research Inc.; Prime time ratings of Disney Channel; Advantage of broadcast...
- Going Up Against Mother Nature. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the challenges being faced by the television subscription business of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Services offered by Comcast to customers; Information on the business operations of Comcast in Spokane, Washington; Sources of Comcast's revenue streams. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Cable TV rates to rise. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pA2
Reports on the announcement made by Comcast on the increase in its cable television rates in Spokane, Washington beginning January 2005.
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Diversity Reigns in The Pacific Northwest. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p48
Reports on Comcast Corporation's cable system in Seattle, Washington. Characteristics that make Seattle stand out from the other top markets in the U.S.; Information on the Korean channel offered by Comcast; Cost of cable ads. INSETS: COMCAST;MEET THE OPERATOR;Comcast Seattle Scarborough...
- MegaMillions:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports that new television networks have reached 90 million subscriptions. These include MTV, HGTV, ABC Family, History, Adult Swim, Cartoon, VH1, Food Net, Fox News, Comedy Central, CNBC and FX. This information is according to Nielsen Media Research.
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- Singapore pay-TV tender fails to attract new bids. Yap, Jimmy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p5
A tender to run a second pay-TV operation in Singapore closed last month with no applications. Singapore's media regulators attributed the no-show to the market's tiny size and the current economic situation. Observers, however, noted that the Media Development Authority was also to blame for...