SCL: Seattle City Light, Seattle, Washington
- SCL: Seattle City Light (Washington). // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p31A
Features the Washington-based Seattle City Light. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Seattle City Light Customers May See Rate Cut; Council to Vote in Nov. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p7
The article reports on the Seattle City Council's plan to vote in November 2006 on whether to reduce electricity rates an average of 4.8 percent for residential customers of the Seattle City Light. The utility has $1.47 billion in revenue debt and has not issued any new debt since a December...
- When the Lights Go Out. Miceli, Joyce; Cantrell, Tracye // Transmission & Distribution World;May2012, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p28
The article offers information on the damage caused to the electric utilities by storms, highlighting the measures taken by Seattle City Light. It states that Seattle City Light faced the challenge in 2006, due to the damage caused by the storm, which took two days to get back the electricity....
- Seattle City Light Seeks Proposals for Renewable Energy. // Transmission & Distribution World;Oct2012, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the request for proposals issued by Seattle City Light for renewable energy in Washington. It notes that a request for proposals was issued by City Light for up to 150,000 mega watts per hour (MWh) of renewable energy credits per year starting in 2020. Moreover, proposals,...
- Paving the Way to the 21st Century Smart Grid at Seattle City Light. Pesin, Michael // POWERGRID International;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p28
The article reports on the transformation of the largest municipal electric utilities in Washington, Seattle City Light (SCL), with the use of smart grid. It states the provision of intelligent upgrade in the power system, in which various systems will be changed including the integration of...
- Vault fire causes Seattle outage. // Electric Light & Power;Jan1994, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the effects of a vault fire on Seattle, Washington. Estimated damages; Blackout in a 37-block area of Seattle; Role of Seattle City Light in minimizing outage time.
- Seattle Utility Has Until March to Fix Financial, Management Issues. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Reports on the issuance of a deadline to Seattle City Light Co. by the city council to improve its financial and other performance as of November 6, 2002. Recommendation of Florida-based Vantage Consulting Inc. for improvement in communication between management and city council; Analysis of...
- Ergonomics program to go out of the office. Hoffman, Mark A. // Business Insurance;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p3
Focuses on the award given to Seattle City Light Co. to recognize its ergonomics program. Combination of various strategies for the ergonomics program at the company; Reasons given by executives on why the company eschewed the one-size-fits-all approach to ergonomics programs.
- Seattle's City Light to Sell $100M Debt After Boost From City. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p3
Reports on the plan of Seattle, Washington-based City Light to sell bonds for capital improvements. Precautions to hedge against market's volatility; Rating of the bonds; Structure of the bonds.