Clinton's D.C. spending plan being unveiled
- GOPers target Dems' earmarks to clients of firm probedby FBI. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;5/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 54, p4
The article reports on the plan of Representative Mark Kirk to provide an amendment which aims to freeze millions of dollars addressed to clients of PMA as earmarks in the omnibus spending bill in 2009 in the U.S.
- Sequestration: How a Spending Stalemate Would Affect the States. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;9/24/2012, p8
The article offers the author's view on sequestration, the federal budget cuts that are scheduled to take effect on January 2, 2013 in the U.S. if approved by the U.S. Congress.
- Evans & Novak. Evans, Rowland; Novak, Robert // Human Events;02/13/98, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p10
Provides information on budget propositions of the United States government. Background on the International Monetary Fund financing proposed; Account on the plan for a budget to pay for spending increases.
- Sequester is a game the Valley doesn't want to play. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/22/2013, p30
The author reflects on the impact of sequestration or across-the-board federal spending cuts that would reduce federal grants for pest and disease prevention, surveillance and response that are crucial to age economy in the U.S.
- Budget cuts hit US. // New Scientist;3/9/2013, Vol. 217 Issue 2907, p4
The article discusses the implementation of sequestration spending cuts in the U.S. federal budget as of March 1, 2013, with particular focus on the effects on funding for scientific research, public health, and environmental programs.
- REGIONALISM, REDISTRIBUTION, AND FEDERAL SPENDING. U-Jin Jhun; Cicarelli, James // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Autumn78, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p29
Deals with a study which tested the hypothesis that redistribution is the primary factor contributing to the disparity in federal spending in the U.S. Assumptions of transfer model; Empirical test of the model; Results.
- Sequester: A secret plan. MORRIS, DICK // Hill;2/27/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p33
The article argues against the sequester campaign of U.S. President Barack Obama noting that it has in-depth political motivation, specifically for spending cut avoidance.
- BIG CUTS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p0006
The article discusses the approval of a sequestration bill by the federal government that implements a 1.2 billion dollars ten-year spending cuts in the U.S. in 2013.
- Blame For All. Mantis, George C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/25/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the editorial "Pettiness, Paralysis, and Power," from the February 25, 2013 issue, which concerns sequestration and U.S. government spending.