Report: State revolving loan program a big success
- Washington Observer. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/23/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that the U.S. House has approved a bill that would grant $19.4 billion in funding for wastewater infrastructure over the next five years. The bill was approved by a margin of 317-101 on March 5, 2009. $13.8 billion from the funding would be allocated for Clean Water state...
- Texas board waits for large loan requests to back revolving fund deal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30405, p38
Focuses on the plan of the Texas Water Development Board to issue its first senior-lien revenue bond for its states revolving fund. Use of the funds; Size of the issue; Underwriters for the issue; Credit rating of the bonds.
- Nebraska readies drinking water SRF; first issue on tap for spring. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;02/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30582, p3
Reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority's development of a drinking water state revolving loan fund. Issuance of bonds for the program in April 1999; Value of the initial bond issue; Probable structure of the bond deal.
- Oklahoma Leverages Federal Funds to Fatten Loan Pool. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p34
Reports that a combination of two federal water grant programs to support a single bond issue has enabled the Oklahoma Water Resources Board to sell its largest-ever bond transaction during the week of October 12, 2004. Retail orders being taken by the board for its clean water and drinking...
- N.J.'s wastewater trust granted expanded power to issue bonds. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30215, p3
Focuses on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd's signing of legislation expanding the state Wastewater Treatment Trust's role in issuing bonds for drinking water and other projects. Provisions under the bill; Request for wastewater project funding for 1998.
- In Kansas, Triple-A KDFA Moves Up $113 Million SRF Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p30
Reports on Kansas Development Finance Authority' (KDFA) decision to sell $113 million of water pollution control revolving fund bonds. Officials' effort to avoid a competition from a $3 billion New York deal and possible market fallout following Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan's...
- SOUTH DAKOTA: SRF Water Deal on Tap. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32829, p9
The article reports on the plan of South Dakota Conservancy District to sell $40 million in state revolving fund (SRF) program bonds in South Dakota. Proceeds from the sale will help finance loans for wastewater and drinking water projects and match state funds for the SRF program. These bonds...
- Clean Water SRF Funding Threatened. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Aug2005, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p8
The article focuses on issues relating to funding of the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF). In 2004, communities borrowed $4.6 billion in below-market loans from the CWSRF. A total of nearly $48 billion has been borrowed over the life of the SRF program. Communities have raised the rest...
- Arkansas Town's $4M Restructuring. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p1
The article reports on the issuance of $4 million in municipal bonds for the reconstruction of sewage treatment plant in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It is stated that the plan to refund $1.88 million of outstanding sewer bond debt has been approved by the city, and issued another $2.15 million for...