Minnesota governor floats memorial plan
- Gov. Carlson hawking plan to bring W.W. II-era warship to Minnesota. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30340, p3
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson has set out to build support to spend $14 million of state bond proceeds to move a World War II-era cruiser to Duluth. Fear of public opposition to the project; Radio program appearance; Carlson representatives' television talk show appearances;...
- Light-rail system closer for twin cities; some financial issues are unresolved. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30354, p36
Focuses on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's move to softened his opposition against the state Legislature's proposal to invest $50 million of general obligation bonds in the establishment of a $400 million light-rail system in the state. Background on the project; Rejection of a $100 million...
- Carlson applauds new waivers. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;5/8/95, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne H. Carlson hailed the approval of two Medicaid waivers. Advantage of the waivers for health reform plans in the state; Consolidation of programs under MinnesotaCare waiver; Benefit from long-term care options project waiver; Support from hospital officials.
- ...while Minnesota needs a new approach. // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p11
Reports on an article in `Post-Bulletin' which recommends an approach to government financing in Minnesota that would have a greater effect than a task force favored by Governor Arne Carlson.
- Carlson pushes tests in his reform package. Keller, Bess // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's appeal to the state to embrace school reform and focus on children having difficulty in schools.
- Subpoena safety in Minnesota. // Editor & Publisher;06/20/98, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p104
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson has allowed a clarification of mediashield law to take effect without his signature. Bill's protection of unpublished notes, photographs, and unaired videotapes from subpoena; Exemptions and extra-ordinary conditions features of the bill.
- Everyone is covered in Minn., but who gets bill still at issue. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;5/16/94, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p12
Discusses the MinnesotaCare, signed by Governor Arne Carlson which pledges universal coverage of residents under the states' landmark reform program. Revenue generated from the MinnesotaCare; Provisions under the amended bill. INSET: Provisions of MinnesotaCare..
- Anti-bST bill vetoed by Minnesota governor. Keating-Edh, B. // Consumer Comments;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's veto of a bill that would have banned the use of bovine somatotropin (bST) for another year. Use to increase milk production; National Institutes of Health Technology Assessment Conference and others say safe for human consumption; Consumer Alert...
- Minnesota passes bill of contractor (pay) rights. // CEE News;Sep97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1
Reports about the signing of the Contractor's Bill of Rights by Governor Arne H. Carlson of Minnesota which capped two years of lobbying work from state and national trade associations. Effects of the legislation to Minnesota and subcontractors; Provisions contained in the Contractor's Bill of...