Kansas House panel approves $107 million bonding bill for Kansas City racetrack
- SMI to knock down some banking at Bristol. // South Texas Automotive Report;Jun2012, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that track operator Speedway Motorsports Inc. (SMI) has unveiled on April 5, 2012 changes to Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee.
- HEAR THE ROAR. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p64
The article discusses difficulties faced by Bruton Smith, chairman of Speedway Motorsports Inc., regarding his zMAX Dragway in Concord, North Carolina. Smith threatened to move the speedway when neighbors around Lowe's Motor Speedway complained to the Concord City Council that the new drag strip...
- Motor speedway industrial park filling up. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/17/99, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p7
Reports that Las Vegas Motor Speedway's Research and Development Park has doubled its lease space since Speedway Motorsports took it over in December 1998. Office and retail space for automotive-related firms, restaurants and other ventures; Planned sale of the facility for $65 million.
- 2010 Schedule Announced. // AutoWeek;8/10/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p69
The article offers information on the IndyCar Series' 15 seasons, 2010 schedule which will feature more road-street circuits compared to oval tracks. As reported, a road course race at Barber Motorsports Park located in Birmingham, Alabama and street race at a Brazilian venue has to be...
- Bridge collapse isn't why Speedway stock hits pits. // Business North Carolina;Aug2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p12
Discusses the decrease in the value of Concord, North Carolina-based Speedway Motorsports Inc. shares. Significance of the May 2000 collapse of a bridge at Lowe's Motor Speedway race track; Details on the market performance of the company; Information on the company's other litigation cases.
- NASCAR Track Replacement Progresses Fast and Furious. Powers, Michael // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/2/2007, Vol. 258/259 Issue 24/1, p15
The article reports on the replacement of the track of the Bristol Motor Speedway of NASCAR in Tennessee. Crews are set to complete the pour of a .53-mile, 40-foot-wide continuously reinforced concrete track. Demolition of the old track occurred on March 26, 2007. Speedway Motorsports Inc., the...
- SMI to knock down some banking at Bristol. // Bluegrass Automotive Report;Jun2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the announcement of Speedway Motorsports Inc. that it will renovate its Bristol Motor Speedway track which owner Bruton Smith believe, would revive the public's excitement for the track.
- Food vendor gets big pact with Speedway. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/7/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p20
Reports on an agreement by Compass Group and Levy Restaurants with Speedway Motorsports Inc. (SMI) to provide on-site foodservice and catering for all SMI racing events. Levy Restaurants' assumption of operations for the 2002 season; Deal's coverage of the Speedway Club at Texas Motor Speedway;...
- Growing on the fast track. Watson, Noshua // Fortune;7/8/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p142
Discusses the finances of racetrack owners International Speedway and Speedway Motorsports as of July, 2002. Expectation that the companies stock prices will rise; Revenue from ticket sales and television coverage of NASCAR races; Growth in the popularity of car racing in the U.S.