Electric utilities and Y2K
- Millennium buggy. Quayle, Catherine // AHA News;05/11/98, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p5
Focuses on the possible impact of the Year 2000 date conversion problem on hospitals in the United States. Comments from several hospital officials; How to avoid service interruptions; Factors to be considered when addressing the problem.
- Wanted: Y2K whistle-blowers. McNamara, Paul // Network World;01/12/98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Offers information on what can be found on Project Damocles Website, relating to the Year 2000 problem. Details on who created the Website; Comments from Steven Hock, a Thelin, Marrin, Johnson and Bridges attorney. INSET: Wielding `the sword'.
- Y2K Web sites. // Association Management;Jun98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p29
Presents a list of World Wide Wide sites that contain information about year 2000 compliance issues.
- Y2K Portals, Government Sites, News, and Solutions. Gordon-Murnane, Laura // Searcher;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p40
Provides information on authoritative links from which solutions for the year 2000 date conversion (Y2K) problem should come from. Portal sites; Sites created by the United States government; Sites which provide articles on Y2K problems.
- Traffic world destinations. // Traffic World;07/13/98, Vol. 255 Issue 2, p52
Provides information on several Web sites dedicated to the Year 2000 computing problems and the conversion of single currency by members of European Union countries. J.P. Morgan's Y2K; U.S. Army Materiel Command Deputy Chief of Staff for the Year 2000 Infrastructure; Information on the Euro...
- Year 2000 problem: Looming catastrophe or mere bugaboo? Whalen, Robert; McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;01/28/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30319, p32
Examines the implications of the year 2000 computing crisis also called the Y2K in the United States. Need for overhauling computer systems of private and public agencies; Projected cost of overhauling computer systems; State-wide efforts to curb possible damages of the Y2K; Comments from...
- Y2K and integrity. Hoyt, Deborah R. // AHA News;04/05/99, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p6
Comments on the need for collective integrity among hospitals in the United States in facing the Year 2000 date conversion problem (Y2K). Possible results of lack of preparedness among hospitals; Common purpose of hospitals; Effects of cyberspace on hospital-patient loyalty.
- Russia changes its tune. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p16
Describes Russia's concern on the year 2000 date conversion problem. Actions taken by government officials directing Russia's Y2K efforts; Concern over the Defense Ministry, which controls the nuclear weapons; Appeal to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the United States for...
- Year 2000 problems could affect farm systems, services. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p20
Advises farmers on the possible effects of year 2000 computer date conversion problems (Y2K) on farm operations. Importance of checking electronically-controlled feeding or milking systems; Comments from farm management specialist Steve Isaacs.