'Fiduciary': One Word, Many Views
- Your Money. LUSTER, BRIAN; ABERNATHY, STEVEN // Medical Economics;4/25/2012, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p49
The article focuses on the role of financial adviser in developing the wealth of their clients and presents some steps to ascertain if the financial adviser was acting on the behalf of the client. The author mentions the article by Greg Smith, executive of the investment firm Goldman Sacs,...
- Excuse After Excuse. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;May2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p32
The author discusses several professional issues and excuses faced by financial planners in terms of improving the regulatory environment for financial planning practitioners. He stresses that the two most common excuses for not wanting better disclosure of compensation include exact amounts...
- Minding Your 'Alpha-Bets' Gresham, Stephen D. // On Wall Street;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p70
Presents guidelines for financial advisors on adding value to services beyond their clients' expectations. Importance of the ability of advisors to proactively provide clients with good ideas; Suggestions on the creation of critical objectives for clients; Opportunities offered by the number of...
- Building client relationships--from the ground up. // Money Management;11/27/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the client relationship established by financial planners in Australia. List of high profile jobs compared to financial planning; Problem experienced with a planner.
- Smart Ways to Bring in 2nd Generation Clients. Rozen, Miriam // Financial-planning.com;11/27/2015, p4
The article presents tips from financial experts on how should financial consultants be able to forge relationship with the children of their clients for handling its inheritance and asset value.
- Use Discovery Agreements to Ease Implementation. Melchinger, John H. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1997, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p102
This article discusses the use of discovery agreements to bridge the gap between financial planners and their clients. The discovery agreement helps financial advisers bridge the gaps--between the intense fact-finding and the anticipated intense presentation of recommendations. Discovery...
- Charging for Wisdom. Pullen, Courtney // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p24
This section presents the author's observation on a proposed shift in compensation models in the financial planning field. Several prominent thinkers in the financial planning field have been challenging the profession to take a look at how it is compensated. They are advocating a move from a...
- Life Stories. KASS, ELLIOT // Onwallstreet.com;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how she became financial planner and putting her clients' interests first.
- Positive charge. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;1/10/2013, p21
The author comments on how the government's Retail Distribution Review (RDR) helps create better relationships between clients and independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain.