Key departure may bog electric deregulation
- Electric utility reform. Taylor, Jerry // Regulation;1996, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p63
Discusses the deregulation of electric utility industries in the United States. Purpose of the rollback of regulations; Discussion of Representative Dan Schaefer's bill; Irrelevance of rate regulation; Focus on the renewable energy rampage; Effects of partial deregulation.
- Fractious debate gets under way in Congress. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;2/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the debate in Congress over the deregulation of the electric power industry in the United States. Democratic Senator Dale Bumpers' introduction of a bill mandating consumer choice; Republican Dan Schaefer's plans to introduce his own version of a bill on electricity deregulation;...
- Reliability at issue in restructuring bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30350, p5
Reports on the call to add a provision addressing reliability in the comprehensive electric restructuring bill introduced by Representative Dan Schaefer. US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's plan to implement engineering standards that better complement a competitive market.
- Congress sparks electricity deregulation campaign. // Health Facilities Management;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p96
Focuses on the initiations of the United States Congress on utility deregulation. Introduction of HR 655, the `Electricity Consumers' Power to Choose Act of 1997' by Congressman Dan Schefer; Other regulations included in the bill.
- House to revisit customer choice. // Electrical World;Jan1997, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p5
Reports on US Republican Representative Dan Schaefer's announcement of plans to reintroduce the bill known as `The Electric Consumers' Power to Choose Act' in the United States Congress. Provision to remove barriers to interstate commerce in electricity; Movement of support being gained for the...
- CMA lauds long-awaited Schaefer bill, but passage is unlikely. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;7/24/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 28, p12
Reports on Representative Dan Schaefer's proposed bill mandating competition in the retail electricity supply market by the end of the year 2000. Savings for the chemical industry if bill is approved; Provisions of the bill; Support for the bill by the Chemical Manufacturers Association.
- Deregulation: The show goes on. Hazan, Earl // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p49
Reports on the deregulation of electric utilities in the United States. Provision of customer choice in electricity; Agreement of different states to reformat existing operations; Implementation of measures to ensure competitiveness of generating facilities. INSET: The PECO story..
- Living Life on the Wild Side. Bush, Rick // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p4
Examines the decision of electric utilities in the United States to move into the deregulated sector. Examples of for-profit activities conducted by the companies; Background information on Power Delivery Field Services; Attributes of people in the regulated business.
- First into deregulation, for better or worse. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p6A
Focuses on California's electric utility deregulation plans. Plans of the state's three leading investor-owned utilities to sell rate reduction bonds; Prediction of full-scale deregulation in southeastern states. INSETS: California's plan for electric utility deregulation.;Action on the federal...