Tax reforms pushed to invigorate Hawaii
- Despite governor's efforts, Hawaii may not regain its paradise lost. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p1
Reports on the failure of Hawaii Governor Benjamin J. Cayetano to revive the economy of Hawaii. Enlistment of Hawaii in the Watchlist of Moody's Investors Service; Contributing factors to economic decline of Hawaii; Comparison of past and current performance of the tourist industry; Plans of...
- Cayetano spares education from cuts. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;1/31/96, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
States that Hawaii's Governor Benjamin J. Cayetano's highest priority is education even though the country is facing an economic crisis. Why lawmakers should leave schools alone.
- Hawaii governor woos Mayo Clinic. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;9/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p54
Reports on the efforts of Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano to convince Rochester, Minnesota-based Mayo Clinic to establish a healthcare system in the state. Hawaii's adoption of health tourism as an economic development strategy; Comments from both parties; Benefits of operation advertised by...
- Pricing out teens. // State Government News;Aug97, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano's approval of a bill increasing the state's excise tax on cigarettes. Percentage increase of the tax.
- Budget crisis may curb school aid, Cayetano warns. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Education Week;2/8/95, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the warning by Hawaii Governor Benjamin J. Cayetano on the impact of budget deficit on school aid. Original estimates; Cost of reduction by July 1997; Operation of Hawaii on a biannual budget; Proposals on streamlining the process for building or repairing new schools.
- Hawaii governor to seek bill to rehire retired teachers. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on the announcement made by Hawaii Governor Benjamin J. Cayetano on his plan to introduce legislation to rehire teachers who opted for incentives to retire.
- Hawaii Gov. ponders bill on no-fault. Haggerty, Alfred G. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/22/95, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p1
Reports on SB 1762, or the no-fault auto insurance bill of Hawaii. June 21 deadline for Governor Benjamin J. Cayetano to sign or veto the bill; Comments from Kathleen Racuya-Markrich, the governor's press secretary; State Farm Insr Co.'s support for the bill; Industry's three major company...
- Hawaii. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;09/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30234, p29
Reports that Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano released state construction funds to build the Oahu Veterans Center in Oahu, Hawaii.
- Hawaii workers' comp plan edges into managed care. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;8/21/95, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p40
Reports on the legislation signed by Hawaii Governor Benjamin Cayetano applying managed care to the workers' compensation system in the state. Features of the law; Cost of workers' compensation in Hawaii in 1993; Comment by Gary Hamada, administrator of the disability compensation division of...