Philadelphia Mayor proposes budget without funding for state courts
- SOUND OFF: WHAT YOU SAID. // Central Penn Business Journal;3/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p14
The article presents insights to the question on the essentiality of the budget proposal made by Governor Ed Rendell.
- GOP Lawmaker Says Rendell Has Exaggerated Pennsylvania Deficit. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p44
Reports that a key Pennsylvania state legislator is questioning Democratic governor Ed. Rendell's estimate of a multi-billion dollar fiscal year 2004 budget deficit as of February 2003. Reasons for clarifications sought by the legislator regarding the projected figure; Budget deficit projected...
- Pennsylvania House Calls Rendell's Bluff, Passes Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Reports on a multi-million dollar budget of Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell that was passed by the state's House. Rendell's spending plan that included cuts to close a multi-billion dollar deficit; Opinion of Democrats on the passage of the budget; Veto power that Rendell can use if the budget...
- Gov. Rendell Signs Pennsylvania Budget, Vetoes School Aid. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31598, p36
Reports on the approval of state budget for fiscal year 2004 by Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell. Amount of school education aid excluded from the budget; Controversial proposals of the budget; Amount of reduction in the state's spending.
- Pennsylvania Governor Proposes $2B In Bonds, Wide-Ranging Spending Cuts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p3
Focuses on the budget proposed by Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell for the fiscal year 2004. Composition of the economic stimulus package to be announced by the governor; Source of funding state aid to schools; Measures proposed by Rendell to reduce budgetary deficit.
- Pennsylvania Enters Round 2 of Budget Battle. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;4/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p25
No abstract available.
- Pennsylvania Governor Urges Three-Year Income Tax Hike. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/17/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33133, p4
The article reports on the move of Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell to urge a three-year increase in personal income tax to offset underperforming revenues in the state. Rendell explained that the income tax will respond to the state's $900 million deficit in budget of fiscal year 2009. The...
- Pennsylvania Starting Fiscal 2010 Without Budget as Talks Continue. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;7/1/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33141, p4
The article reports that Pennsylvania has started the 2010 fiscal year without any approved spending plan. It is stated that Democratic Governor Edward Rendell and the senate dominated by Republicans have yet to agree on the best way to address the budget deficit of 3.2 billion dollar. Rendell's...
- PENNSYLVANIA: Governor Imposing Cuts. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32966, p9
The article reports on the announcement of Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell to implement a 4.25% spending reduction for state agencies to generate roughly $200 million of savings in the state's current $28 billion operating budget to help offset an expected decline in state revenues. The...