Clinton: Broaden QZAB, add 2d school bond program
- Remarks on the New Markets Initiative. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/17/99, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p860
Presents the text of a message given by United States President Bill Clinton on May 11, 1999 which deals with the proposed markets initiative, designed to give tax credits to people who put equity money into low per capita income areas.
- Thanks, Joe. // National Journal;2/15/97, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p307
Reports on the proposed college tuition tax breaks by President Bill Clinton of the United States.
- Another train wreck? Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;09/06/99, Vol. 248 Issue 16, p8
Covers the implications of the battle between the United States Republican Congress and President Bill Clinton over the tax cut package. Pledge of Clinton to veto it; Reasons Clinton plans to veto the package; Issues that Clinton said should be Congress' priority; Possible scenarios of the...
- Town vs. gown? Fuller, Bruce // Education Week;3/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p35
Opinion. Comments on the tuition tax credits proposed by United States President Bill Clinton during his second presidential term. Clinton's tax-relief strategy as a counter to Republican leadership; Question of whether the tuition tax credit can expand access to higher education and whether...
- Clinton proposes throwing more money at education. Williams, Walter E. // Human Events;3/14/97, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p17
Comments on United States President Bill Clinton's proposed tax credits and deductions for college students and increases in Pell grants and on the claimed decline in college standards. Increase in college enrollment; Public universities' receipt of about 15 percent of their budget from...
- Remarks at a reception for the Arkansas State Democratic Party in Little Rock, Arkansas. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/6/97, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p1445
Presents the text of the United States President's remarks at a reception for the Arkansas State Democratic Party in Little Rock, Arkansas on September 27, 1997, concerning the progress of his Administration. Crucial role played by Democrats in the balanced budget act; Funding for children's...
- The Legacy of America's Leadership As We Enter the 21st Century. Clinton, Bill // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;10/21/96, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p517
Presents the text of a speech given by United States (US) President Bill Clinton on October 22, 1996 which deals with the challenges faced by the US citizens and burdens of the US leadership.
- Clinton should take a stand on regulation. Kuttner, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p12B
Opinion. Comments on various legislation for approval by President Bill Clinton. Product liability reform; Regulatory revision; Banking legislation; Proposal to dismantle the federal role in food stamps, welfare and Medicaid; Programs for the poor.
- The President's Radio Address. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/18/99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p35
Presents the text of a radio address given by United States President Bill Clinton on January 9, 1999 which deals with improving the lives of working families.