Newcourt's Call Center Streamlines HR Processes
- Online corporate directories: a new frontier. Paradiso, Jane // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p21
Provides information on the human resources (HR) systems that automate transaction processing and information delivery at asset-based financing firm Newcourt Services. Operation of Newcourt Services; Development of the HR directory for employees; Information on the search field for employees in...
- HR managers unplug. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Apr97, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p36
Presents frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the human resource (HR) call centers. How and why HR call centers have evolved; HR managers' benefits from the call center; How employees can benefit from the center; Services provided by the call center. INSETS: Five tips for successful call...
- Baltic exchange. Taylor, Chris // People Management;7/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p39
Provides information on the growth of the call center industry in Sweden and examines the development of human resource management practices. Development of clusters of call centers in the country; Factors that contributed to the industry's growth; Comments from Philip Cohen, a British...
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. // Henley Manager Update;Winter2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Discusses several articles on human resources management. Alternative production models of call centers; Elements of high involvement practices; Details on the low discretion and high-commitment approaches.
- Call centres under pressure to change sweatshop image. // Management Today;Feb1999, p9
Discusses some of the problems confronting call centers. Problems of low morale, high stress levels, and absenteeism; Downsides of the call center industry's rapid growth; Attribution of personnel problems to stiff competition between centers and the intensity of work; Perception of call center...
- Personnel development. Reed, David // Precision Marketing;7/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p17
Studies work-based personnel development programs to counter high staff turnover rates in call centers. Importance of quality in both response handling and fulfillment; Large-scale direct response operations selling low-margin products as a way to acquire customers.
- Churning questions. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p46
Highlights the recruitment and selection of employees for call center work in Great Britain. Attributes of call center personnel; Cost of recruiting in the industry; Psychological testing on employees for specific jobs.
- Give morale support. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p63
Argues that there is a need for effective personnel management strategies in call centers in Great Britain. Discussion on the introduction of call centers for business organizations; Importance of motivation to call center staffs; Management of employees in call centers. INSET: Institute News.
- HR Call Centers: A Smart Business Strategy. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p116
Highlight the advantages of human resource call centers in reducing administrative work and providing quality customer service. Discussion on computer telephony integration and interactive voice response; Use of videoconferencing and automatic call distributor equipment; Complexity in designing...