HR Reform at the United Nations
- Get Creative During Tough Times, Says Keynoters. Fox, Adrienne // HR Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p181
Presents information on the 26th Annual Society for Human Resource (HR) Management Global Forum Conference & Exposition in Los Angeles, California in 2003. Ways in which HR professionals can help their organizations; Actions taken by Rafiah Salim to revamp the HR management system of the United...
- UN Pension Staff Resist Move to Empower CEO. Pfeuti, Elizabeth // AiCIO News;2014, p1
The article focuses on the opposition of staff to the proposal of the United Nations (UN) pension fund chief executive officer (CEO) to internalize pension staffing decisions. Topics discussed include the online petition of organization's union calling on Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon to block...
- THE 'NEW' LAW APPLICABLE TO LGBTI INTERNATIONAL CIVIL SERVANTS IN THE U.N. SYSTEM. GALLO, DANIELE // American University International Law Review;2016, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p649
The article focuses on the three bulletins of the Secretary-General of the United Nations (UN) to show the shift toward a greater recognition of LGBTI officials' rights regarding the privileges arising out of personal and family status. It mentions that organization's rules concerning employment...
- Democracy lost? The fate of the U.N.-implanted democracy in Cambodia. Ojendal, Joakim // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Sep96, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p193
Investigates the medium-term effects of the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia (UNTAC) operation in 1992-1993. Introduction of democracy as a ready-made package with little consideration for Cambodian tradition and history; Interrelationship between economic development and...
- United Nations Secretaries General. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p884
No abstract available.
- U.S. Representatives to the United Nations. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p885
No abstract available.
- Confronting conflict. Ifill, Annette // UN Chronicle;1996, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p57
Presents the author's experiences in working with the peace keeping mission of United Nations in conflict areas. Author's account on her first assignment; Participation in the UNOSOM II; Observations on the countries she worked in.
- United Nations Secretaries General. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p866
Lists those who have served as Secretary General of the United Nations including: Trygve Lie, Dag Hammarskjold, U Thant, Kurt Waldheim, Javier Perez de Cuellar, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, and Kofi Annan.
- U.S. Representatives to the United Nations. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p866
Lists United States representatives to the United Nations between 1946-1999 including: Edward R. Stettinius, Herschel V. Johnson, Warren R. Austin, Henry Cabot Lodge, Arthur J. Goldberg, Charles W. Yost, George Bush, Daniel P. Moynihan, Andrew Young, Donald McHenry, Vernon A. Walters, Madeleine...