THROUGH THE WIRE
- Briefs. // Multichannel News;06/19/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p26
Presents news briefs related to cable television broadcasting, as of June 19, 2000. Southern Entertainment Television's signing of a contract agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative; Teamup between the Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Pictures to produce a feature film based on...
- BUSINESS ATTIRE. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p38
The article reports on the plan of major cable operators to enter the enterprise telecommunications services in the United States. According to Wall Street analyst firm Sanford Bernstein, the market has an estimated worth of $55 billion. The article reports on Comcast's launch of a...
- Pending Telecom Legislation Could Foster Competition, Innovation. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul2006, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p7
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has approved a telecommunication legislation that is touted to have the ability to end monopolies in many cable television markets. Proponents of the bill say the measure will boost competition for cable and telecommunications services....
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.
- Comcast Rolls Back Into South Florida. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the service launched by cable company Comcast in Florida. Information on a party held by Comcast to impress its employees; Background on the cable system launched by the company; Future plans of the company. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.