- RUSHES. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;09/12/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 37, p85
Presents news items concerning the entertainment industry worldwide, for the week of September 12 to 18, 2000. Stock price of Canadian telephone company BCE Inc.; Digital television and Internet group Music Choice Europe's plan to float 20 percent of its shares.
- In search of incremental revenue. Williams, Andy // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the struggles of telecommunication companies in Great Britain. Increase in the demand for cable television; Stiffness of the competition in the telecommunications market; Comparison on the business performance between telecommunication companies and cable companies. INSET: SME focus..
- Cable's Expanding Role in Telecommunications. Hodes, Daniel; Duwadi, Kiran; Wise[*], Andrew // Business Economics;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p46
Studies the role of the cable television industry in telecommunications. How the industry can realize its potential; Status of the industry in the video programming delivery market; Importance of the proposed AT&T-TCI merger.
- Programmers have new suitor: Telcos. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on the integration of telecommunication companies and the cable television industry in the United States. Programming services; Direct broadcast satellite business; Cable networks; Growth of cable television forecasted for 1995.
- Cities Should Stay Out of the Cable Business. Braverman, Burt // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p45
Reports on the accelerating trend of cities to move towards municipal ownership of cable systems in the U.S. Problems faced by cities in doing the same; Legal proceedings for municipal ownership of cable systems; Competitions between municipally owned cable systems.
- 'POINTED' OPTIMISM. // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p22
Focuses issues discussed at the 2003 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Cable industry's future plans to reclaim spectrum via the transition from analog to digital; Switched broadcast, a bandwidth-saving technology; Industry's...
- Adelphia Plans Big Digital Ramp-Up. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p12
Focuses on the plans of Adelphia Communications Commission to increase digital cable coverage in the United States. Increase of digital subscribers; Procurement of digital set-tops; Intention to improve customer satisfaction rates; Evaluation of the cable-modem product, video-on-demand product...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p2
Presents updates relevant to cable television and telecommunication operators in the United States for the week of December 18, 2000. Plans by Cablevision Systems Corp. to build cable television systems in New Jersey; Completion of a high speed cable modem and cable modem termination project of...
- Cable Companies Lead The Race. Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;8/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p1
Reports that cable companies are beating telecommunication companies in the fight for larger market share in the United States.