- Tristani Makes Staff Changes at FCC. // Multichannel News;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p30
Reports on the resignation of United States Federal Communications Commission's Gloria Tristani's top legal adviser, Rich Chessen, and will be replaced by William J. Friedman.
- Boxes and lines. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
Reports the approval of the reorganization of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Purpose of the reorganization; Impact of the reorganization on the commissioners; List of the agencies under the FCC.
- DTV's point man at FCC. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p60
Profiles Rick Charles Chessen, chairman of the DTV task force of the Federal Communications Commission in the United States. Interest of Chessen on television; Educational background of Chessen; Work experiences of Chessen in the field of television programming.
- 'Massive Media' chief. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p52
Profiles W. Kenneth Ferree, as chief of U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Details on the career development; Family background; Dedication on the job.
- Powell To Successor -- Don't Be Timid. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the advice given by Michael Powell, outgoing chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), for his successor. Statement from Powell on an event held by the Silicon Flatirons Telecommunications Program in February 2005; Important consideration for an FCC chairman;...
- FCC names new ERIC director. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;10/14/2011, p1
The article announces that Bob Pavlak has been appointed director of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Emergency Response Interoperability Center (ERIC).
- New Name In the Game. J. E. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/11/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p18
The article presents the potential candidate for the role of chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. including Tom Wheeler, Jason Furman, and Karen Kornbluh.
- Honoring the Memory. Ford, Steve // QST;Aug2013, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on the memorial for Eugene O. Sykes, second chairman of the Federal Radio Commission and first chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), at Odd Fellows Rest Cemetery in Aberdeen, Mississippi that was cleaned by members of the Monroe County Amateur Radio Club.
- FCC appoints Wallman. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) appointment of Kathleen Wallman as chairman of the FCC's Public Safety National Coordination Committee.