- Discovery Network seeks agency after parting with Bates. Yates, Karen // Campaign (UK);03/10/2000, Issue 10, p3
Reports on cable television network Discovery Networks Europe's search for an advertising agency to handle its Great Britain advertising account as of March 10, 2000. Details of the advertising account.
- Discovery Promos Add Some Dino Might. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p14
Focuses on the promotional campaigns for local television networks by Discovery Communications Inc. in the United States. Inclusion of Discovery Channel's primetime event as part of the promotion; Emphasis on the sweepstakes attraction for the participation of local operators; Description of...
- Discovery synchronizing global brand schedules. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 35, p5
Focuses on Discovery Networks International's effort to synchronize primetime schedules worldwide. Goal of attracting cable television advertisers on a global basis; Maximization of benefits of global promotion and reach for advertisers.
- Discovery Creates 'Sponsor Cinema' // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p114
Reports the plans of Discovery Communications Inc. to roll out an ad-supported video-on-demand service in the U.S. Menu selections depending on the file-server capacity; Advertising load of the cable network; Investment in advanced digital platform.
- Discovery maps $310 mil slate. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 35, p5
Focuses on United States-based Discovery Networks US's investment of millions of dollars in cable television programming for the 2001-2002 season across all of its networks. Projected advertising sales; Concerns raised about broadcast networks' plan to use more reality programming;...
- Cox Ad Campaign Says: Supersize It. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p22
Focuses on the advertising campaign of United States-based cable television company Cox Communications Inc. as of September 4, 2000. Association of the company's cable television business with its telecommunications and data services.
- Cox Reps Shift Into High Gear for Tour de France. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p38
Reports on the competition between advertising sales representatives for Cox Communications in Southern California to sell local spots on Outdoor Life Network's live coverage of the Tour de France as of April 2002. Elements of the network's promotion of the Tour de France coverage; List of...
- Ad-Sales Units Ask: What's In a Name? Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p40
Cable operators still have a lot to do to market themselves better to the advertising community, executives from Cox Communications Inc. and the cable television network Comcast Cable Advertising Sales admitted at a recent conference here. Both Cox and Comcast invested heavily to research the...
- MSOs Want More Custom-Fit Promotions. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p152
Highlights the trend towards the use of customized promotions among cable television network operators in the United States. Perceived benefits of integrated-promotions; Nickelodeon's customizing of the `Double Dare 2000 Audition Tour' promotion for Cox Communications.