- CableLabs releases new PacketCable specs. // CED;Jan2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p22
Reports that CableLabs Inc. has completed the second phase of its PacketCable telecommunication project.
- DOCSIS 1.1 STANDARD BRINGS CABLE TO TIERS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;10/8/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p32
Focuses on the DOCSIS 1.1 voice over Internet protocol data specification by CableLabs. Features of the specification.
- The Road to Another Take on Migration Strategy. Chapman, John T. // Communications Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the establishment and construction of cable provider infrastructure by several cable and Internet-based providers. The cable industry became aware of the competitive challenges and customer requirement needs including high-speed, triple-play and mobility services with wide...
- Interoperability specs for cable modems released amid industry fanfare. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;03/03/97, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s development of the interoperability specifications that defines the radio-frequency interfaces between a computer network's headend and its modems. Selection criteria that were used in the development of the specification; Uses of the...
- PacketCable round 2 done. // Multichannel News;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p84
Highlights Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s announcement about the successful participation of several vendor companies in the second round of PacketCable interoperability testing in September 1999.
- OpenCable interop expo draws 14. // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p33
Reports that several companies participated in Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s 1999 OpenCable internetworking show held in Los Angeles, California. Event's highlights.
- This Date in DOCSIS 3.1: Milestone Moments. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;4/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 17, pA4
A timeline is presented of events following the development of the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.1, telecommunication standard that permits the addition of high-speed data transfer to a cable television (CATV) system developed by the Cable Television Laboratories Inc.
- System security issue lingers for host-based cable modem. Menezes // Multichannel News;09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p61
Focuses on a barrier to companies' development of an industry specification for a `host-based' cable-modem architecture. Issue of cable-system security; Ability of the device to utilize the processing power of its host computer; Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s proposal to launch an interim...
- CableLabs Pleased With OCAP Tests. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p35
Reports the hosting of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. on the interoperability testing for the OpenCable Applications Platform in the U.S. List of participating companies on the test; Commitment of the cable operators on the hardware and software upgrades; Continuance of the specification...