New Orleans Seeks Lift From Wi-Fi Network
- Cox Opens N.O. Center. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p14
The article reports on the opening of a new $4 million customer-service center by Cox Communications in New Orleans, Louisiana. New Orleans mayor C. Ray Nagin attended the opening ceremony for the center. There is a technology showroom in the center which features demonstrations of digital...
- N.O. offers free wireless lure. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p11
The article reports that New Orleans, Louisiana Mayor C. Ray Nagin has said that the city will soon be connected by a free wireless Internet network. The network will be the first one of its kind in the U.S. Previously efforts to set up such a system in other parts of the country have failed...
- New Orleans mayor plans to blanket city with Wi-Fi. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;12/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p13
The article reports on the plan of New Orleans, Louisiana mayor Ray Nagin to install Wireless-Fidelity Internet network in the entire city. Nagin cited the advantages of the wireless network. Intel Corp. is one of the companies that have donated equipment for the network. The city had used...
- FLASH! Higgins, John M.; Malone, Michael; Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 32, p5
This article reports on the competition between Cox Communication's Ray Nagin and Lamont Digital System's Ned Lamont in the cable industry in the U.S. in 2006. Nagin upset U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman in Connecticut's Democratic primary in August 2006. Lamont Digital Systems operates as a private...
- New Orleans Unplugged. Leggett, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/12/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p23
The article reports on the establishment of the free wireless fidelity (Wi-FI) system in New Orleans, Louisiana by EarthLink Inc. It was undertaken to provide basic Internet connection to businesses and residents as a recovery promise of Mayor C. Ray Nagin to the hurricane-devastated victims....
- WI-FI FOR THE MASSES. Baer, Martha // Inc.;Jul2006, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p92
The article focuses on the launch by Tropos Networks of routers or nodes in the U.S. The features of such routers are presented. Information on a wireless network built in Chaska, Minnesota is presented. Narasimha Chari and Devabhaktuni Srikrishna, founding engineers of Tropos, addressed...
- Plenty of room on Nagin's red carpet. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/22/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p26
Comments on the assumption of co-vice chairmanship of the Metro Vision Economic Development Partnership by New Orleans mayor-elect, Ray Nagin. Reaction of the business community; Opportunity of business leaders to ask for help from the city hall; Expectation of the people for Nagin.
- Nagin already being touted as state political candidate. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/3/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p27
Comments on the political career of Ray Nagin as an Afro-American mayor in New Orleans, Louisiana. Response of the white voters to candidacy of Nagin; Speculations on the factors mediating the popularity of Nagin; Opinion on the capacity of Nagin to handle the local issues.
- Nagin Wins Big Easy Race. // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
Reports the victory of Rey Nagin, vice president and general manager of Cox Communications Inc. for the mayoralty position in New Orleans, Louisiana. Career history of Nagin; Victory of Nagin over police superintendent Richard Pennington; Impact of Nagin's victory to the salary of the position.